RC Racer

covers and temps

You guys that are using overtrays and Outerwears are they adversely effecting your temps ?
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    I'm using a dusty motor shroud with MMP/2400kv and never have been even close to have temperature issue. Never went above 147 F
    But that depends on the external condition, your gearing setup, the type of terrain you are driving on, etc...

RC Qualifier
    just got my dusty motors shroud on. I havent run it yet but it looks sweet. Compliments my red roll cage real nice. Im assuming since i have a roll cage and a fan temps shouldnt be too bad. Ill let you know.

RC Qualifier
    Outerwears shroud here. No problems with temps at all. Really keeps dirt/grass away from chassis...
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Racer
    I have the jconcepts over tray and haven't noticed any temp increases. Of course its kinda chilly where i live right now. Awesome in keeping grass out of your chassis specially while you're speeding thru the park and chasing little animals and/or kids.

RC Qualifier
    got overtray with exhaust fan and huge heatsink with huge fan for my motor, but i guess ventilation wasn't enough, cause every time i touch and remove my overtray i can feel warm air from inside, i am using 3s, stock motor and esc, stock gearing,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    got overtray with exhaust fan and huge heatsink with huge fan for my motor, but i guess ventilation wasn't enough, cause every time i touch and remove my overtray i can feel warm air from inside, i am using 3s, stock motor and esc, stock gearing,
    Stock ESC and motor generate so much heat, I don't recommend overtray for you.... It's even worse with 3s, that's the main reason I've changed mine to the MMP + 2400kv combo.

There is a meltdown in the making on a stock setup on 3s with an overtray.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    With stock gearing no heat issues at all
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    There is a meltdown in the making on a stock setup on 3s with an overtray.....peace
    yayks?????:,.... good thing i always bash in snow, or else my pedes????????

Well if it overheats without the overtray keeping the system away from cool air is just going to make it even hotter which is never a good thing.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!