Thread: Repair place??

RC Enthusiast

Repair place??

i live in Austin Texas i cant seem to get my Revo to run since the end of December and it is kind of driving me crazy, i have searched every where and i think i have done every thing i pretty much could to get it to
    run again its not even that cold anymore and i still heat it up with a hair dryer it starts so i know its not the pisten but it idles really high then spits gas out of the exhaust and i lean it then it just stalls out and wont
    start again, i changed the fuel tank line took carb off cleaned every thing for leaks and crap and then i tried to start it again tonight and it was spitting gas that looked brown out of the exhaust every where
    the wheels were barley spinning but idling really high like screaming i had to give it a little throttle to start
    then i pulled glow plug starter out and let throttle off idled for a few seconds then died tried to start again
    same thing tried to lean so it wouldnt spit but did the same thing it idles low then high then low then high
    with no adjustments is there someone i could call or email to have a look at it, please dont tell me to go to
    the hobby town usa because i have been there done that and they dont even know what they are doing
    all they do is helicopters and electric and are very cockey about bringing things in.

RC Racer
    how old is the engine

RC Qualifier
    I would just replace IMO just because if you were to put a 3.3 back in it you can find on ebay for almost as much as you can rebuild yours for...

RC Qualifier
    have you tried calling Traxxas support to get their take on it? It almost sounds if the engine is tired/ worn out. By chance do you have the rong glow plug in. glow plug length will drastically change the way the 3.3 preforms. I accidently put a short glow plug in and had all kinds of starting problems and low power. I learned a lesson about buying things on sale lol.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Yup how old the engine is is a huge question. A newer engine I would not go chasing leaks..

Also do you have a temp guage, what were your operating temps?

If this engine is 4 gallons or less, sounds to me more like the LSN and HSN are not in synch with each other....
    IF your LSN is LEAN, then often people compensate by richening the HSN.

A Rich HSN + a LEAN LSN = High idle, poor performance, fuel spitting out the pipe and often high temps....

GO back to factory settings, HSN 4 full turns out from closed, LSN just slightly flush with the carb...

Also tune with 1/2 a tank or your going to go nuts tring to find the sweet spot as Nitro's will lean up a bit as the fuel level get's below 1/2 a tank.

Here's a write up a did a while ago, it should help.... but it does sound like a tuning issue...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ul-Tuning-tips.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Enthusiast
    The engine isnt even a year old i drove it pretty much every day when it was hot out before it started to get cold in december and i left for a week came back ran fine then couple days later after the week it ran fine it just stopped wanting to run and the engine i got the whole entire truck brand new august 6th 2012...i was just thinking if i bought a whole new engine i wouldnt want it to be a trx 3.3 and i dont know how long these engines last but i dont know if i could really see the engine dieing out like it is....
    Quote Originally Posted by revokinevo View Post
    how old is the engine
    this is with factory settings. that is what it is doing spitting
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Yup how old the engine is is a huge question. A newer engine I would not go chasing leaks..

Also do you have a temp guage, what were your operating temps?

If this engine is 4 gallons or less, sounds to me more like the LSN and HSN are not in synch with each other....
    IF your LSN is LEAN, then often people compensate by richening the HSN.

A Rich HSN + a LEAN LSN = High idle, poor performance, fuel spitting out the pipe and often high temps....

GO back to factory settings, HSN 4 full turns out from closed, LSN just slightly flush with the carb...

Also tune with 1/2 a tank or your going to go nuts tring to find the sweet spot as Nitro's will lean up a bit as the fuel level get's below 1/2 a tank.

Here's a write up a did a while ago, it should help.... but it does sound like a tuning issue...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ul-Tuning-tips.
    i makeing little adjustments to it helped it slow down but it would be leaning the whole truck out
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzrider06 View Post
    this is with factory settings. that is what it is doing spitting
    Last edited by Double G; 03-16-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: merge