Stuck in LVD With NIMH's

Ok, I know there's a thread on this topic already, but I think my situation is different. I'm going to get lipos in the mail tomorrow, so I wanted to see how to put the EVX-2 into LVD. It worked, and it went it to LVD just fine. But right after it started flashing red, because I had the stock nimhs plugged in. I tried to put it back into normal nimh mode, but as soon as I released the button so I could start holding the button down for 10 seconds, it started flashing green and red. The steering and servos all work, but the motor won't move. No matter how long I hold the button down, it won't stop flashing. I looked up the esc color code in the manual, but it doesn't have anything in it about flashing green/red. I think I need lipos to put it back, but I'm not sure. I'm really stumped right now, so help would be nice!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    That's exactly the problem I had. Apparently, once you switch to lipo mode you can't switch back to NiMh without plugging in lipo batteries. And I guess that means you can't switch from NiMh mode to lipo without plugging in NiMh batteries?

That's what they told me on my similar thread earlier (if I understood their answers right).
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

That is correct you need the same type of batts that you last ran to switch between modes.lvd active sees nimhs as a over voltage situation and stops you from doing damage.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    If you can bleed some charge off of those nimhs you can switch it back. Re/green is over voltage protection. Hook the batts straight to a spare motor or a light bulb to get them drained enough not to set off the over voltage protection.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Concrete does not digest well...

RC Competitor
    I had this problem once as well and called traxxas for help. Turn on the transmitter, then while watching the reciever led, press the power button on the esc once quickly, then as soon as the reciever led lights up as fast as you can press the power button again and hold it for 10 seconds. While on the phone with Traxxas it took me like 8 times to get it to work. Just keep trying cuz it's all about speed and timing. The motor will chirp twice to let you know it has worked and the esc light will go back to a steady red.

Try following this video:
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Try following this video:
    This method worked perfectly for me today. Thanks, Jimmie.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

Ok, thanks guys, it's working now. Now I'm just waiting for my lipos to come in the mail in the next couple of hours...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde