RC Racer

TQi vs TQ Reciever

So I am looking at buying an Emaxx very very soon and I have seen mostly two receivers that come with them. The TQi which has the iPhone dock and all, and just the TQ. My question is: Is it worth getting the TQi? What are the main differences? Right now the prices are $419.99 with the TQ (Amazon) and $449.99 with the TQi (Buy Traxxas). Any help would be great! Also if there are websites that have cheaper prices I would greatly appreciate a link

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skink910 View Post
    So I am looking at buying an Emaxx very very soon and I have seen mostly two receivers that come with them. The TQi which has the iPhone dock and all, and just the TQ. My question is: Is it worth getting the TQi? What are the main differences? Right now the prices are $419.99 with the TQ (Amazon) and $449.99 with the TQi (Buy Traxxas). Any help would be great! Also if there are websites that have cheaper prices I would greatly appreciate a link
    Tower hobbies has the brushed version for $419.99 with easy pay (3 payments of 139.99). If I'm not mistaken the recent brushed versions come with the TQI radio but without the iPod dock and the new brushless version comes with TQI with iPod dock and all telemetry sensors as well as lipo batteries and charger. So regardless of what your planning to get they both should come equipped with the TQI transmitters.

RC Competitor
    I bought my 3903 from tower almost a year ago and it came with the TQi, no dock though. I just wish it worked with android devices Otherwise i'd actually use it.

RC Racer
    Okay thanks! I think Ill be purchasing from Tower Hobbies