Thread: Charger

RC Competitor

Charger

What is a hood dual chathe that can charge up to 4s and 8000mah? With a higher charge rate?

S

RC Champion
    Define "higher charge rate." The Traxxas EZ Peak Plus (6 amps/80W max) comes to mind for starters, but I'm not sure if it will be fast enough for you. Also, do you want a model with a built-in power supply, or external?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    I want an ac charger and something thats above 5amps and i have a duratrax 245 i think its a dual one! But im looking to upgrade?

RC Champion
    I'm not sure of an AC charger that puts out those kinds of amps, but hopefully Jimmie Neutron sees this thread and pops in with his $.02!

RC Qualifier
    Comparing on the 245 & ezpeak, the 245 charge the pack individually when you put 2 packs, so it takes less time, the ezpeak, when you charge 2 LIPos charging time would be longer. I have the ezpeak, waiting time is normal and I only have 8LIPos to filled so nothing much an issue on the waiting period, just charge ahead of time.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    I have way too many batteries for my own good... But I use a Hitec 4 port charger with a Green Power 25 amp 350 watt power supply. I can charge 4 ea 5000 mah batteries at one time and it takes just about 1 hour to balance charge the batteries to a full state.

This set up has worked very good for me for over two years now.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    My lhs suggested the hitec! Too I am gonna go with that!
    Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I also have the hitec and it works great. I charge all my batteries ahead of time and while my first set is charging I am running the others. This cycle continues till I get tired of driving. Great setup.

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Champion
    You made a great decision. I LOVE my Hitec 4-port charger. Charging 4 things at once is amazing, especially when you want to put a LiPo into storage on one port, charge a NiMh on another port, top off your Pb field battery on a third port, etc. It takes a while sometimes because each port is limited to 50W. But the multi-tasking saves a ton of time in the long run.

RC Champion
    Just for thoes who have a need to know.. Watts is determined by multiplying current (amps) times voltage. W = I x V....

6 amps times 8.4 volts = 50.4 watts ...... Just as zippogeek stated above.

Six amps or 50 watts is the max amount of current per port a Hitec charger will deliver, or at least the one I have.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis