RC poster

3.3 won't idle help

It will not idle at all there plenty of power and to me it dosent seen like it the motor I've heard that the clutch spring can break and or become loose any thought and its on a brand new jato thanks

RC Champion
    When the engine starts, does the wheels immediately start spinning? if you life the car off the ground will it idle while spinning the wheels? If yes or yes, check the clutch spring....if no, read on

have you run the break in process yet? Have you adjusted the carb as you go?

what are the carb settings? Are they base settings? Make sure the idle screw isnt out far enough to close the air gap.

Check your manual for proper settings and see if you can get it to do anything at that point.

RC poster
    Yes to ur first question they do spin I noticed it the other day this sounds stupid where is the clutch at could it be to tight also I have it running a tad rich for the cold air and it runs like a champ and yes she's broke in as best as I could using a paint puller heater on tank one through three to get the head red hot but that was three week ago I'm going to check the idle screw that's one thing I have messed with and if its to far out it will let air in

I found where the cluth spring/shoe is at on my jato ill see if I can get to it well I bet that's what it is because it has been a gradually doing this
    Last edited by Double G; 03-14-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: merge, edit button is a handy tool

RC poster
    Found out what it is clutch shoe was tore up unevenly thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    so replacing the clutch shoe fixed it? i'm having similar issues, i'm going to check mine.
    Revo 3.3

RC poster
    I have to wait until on day Monday to get another one I had to order it but 99 percent sure on this one

RC Qualifier
    i was having a ton of trouble with my new 3.3 after break in. at first i thought it was glow plugs, turned out it was the clutch show spring... it broke. i replaced it, still wouldn't start. so i heated up the engine a little when it fired right up. i started it, let it idle for a few minutes, then killed it and repeated a few times. then i ran 1/4 tank thru it and it seems ok.
    Revo 3.3