RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Transmission alignment question (upgraded to 5650R steel center shafts)

Hi, I've recently bought a Summit (truly happiness in a box ).

I had the opportunity to buy the 5650R center shaft upgrade with it, and after a couple of very light runs with it 100% stock (just to get used to the handling) I've done the installation of the new shafts.

The installation happened without any issues, but just when I was checking if everything was ok (by turning the wheels, turning one of them and holding the other to make the center shaft spin I noted what it seems to be a very slight mis-alignment between the output shaft of the transmission with the output shaft of the rear diferential, making the rear center shaft spin at a slight angle (or it came bent new, but I truly doubt this is the case).

My question is if this is known/normal/expected/unimportant or if I should investigate more and/or correct it.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    Just a clarification, when I said output shaft of the rear differential I meant input shaft of the rear differential.

RC Qualifier
    looks like it's at a slight angle to me. mine looks like it veers towards the diff lock/unlock mechanism side. that's why we have u-joints/cva's/dogbones/etc, to allow use at an angle.

RC Enthusiast
    I understand that this type of part is made to work at an angle. It just seemed odd that, probably because it was very slight.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't worry about it, you would cringe if you saw how much the center drive line flexes under load and chassis flex on impacts

RC Qualifier
    if you look at the webbing in the chassis around the transmission, you can see that the trans is slightly offset to one side which is why we see the driveshaft angle. like maxi said...no worries.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. I'm at peace now. I've run with it yesterday and it's running fine.