RC Enthusiast

Brand NEW EMAXX Castle MOMBA ESC BURNS UP

Ok I bought this E Maxx about 2 weeks ago. First run GREAT awesome fun Second run Fully Charged Traxxas 11.1 Lipos ESC Burns up bout burns the whole Rig down. Call Traxxas and they tell me to send ESC and a the battery it destroyed back to them for Warranty.....Traxxas told me to take the motor to the Hobby shop and have it tested so i did and they said that the motor was fine. so really love the Slash 4x4 that i have and love my brother in-laws Brushless E Revo I bought new Castle ESC and Battery so I could run the Truck......2 mins into the Run GUESS What ANOTHER FIRE.....what is going on someone please help

Edited for bypassing the language filter. Please do not use acronyms to get around the language filter. The filter is there for a reason.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's crazy! You bought another 2200kv and monster esc?
    What kind of gearing? Did you monitor the temps?

RC Enthusiast
    Well didnt buy new Motor hobby shop tested it and said it was fine....Burnt up the brand new ESC tho to the tune of 179.00 down the tube i dunno what is happening i may have ran this truck 35 mins since i have gotten it has burnt up two ESC and Two Traxxas Lipos

Factory Gearing and the motor was cool to the touch no heat at all the batteries was hot tho
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not really down the tube. Its under Warranty but shouldn't of happened. Did the motor and esc get hot before the fire. How long into the run before it burnt and the other questions in my first post

RC Champion
    "Well pardon my French, but that stinks!" --Dumb and Dumber

Traxxas and Castle warranty support should take good care of you. They're both the best in the business.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

I wouid not run that motor again. Did you actually see the LHS personnel test it?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    it was like maybe 2 mins i had been running it when it happend the first time the truck was setting still i was waiting for a car to pass setting stationary it cut a black flip when it fried out......second time just mins after i started the truck up i was moving and it was a ball of fire.... I did not see the guys at the hobby shop perform the test but they said it was ok no im thinking ima stick with the ole trusty maxx 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Not really down the tube. Its under Warranty but shouldn't of happened. Did the motor and esc get hot before the fire. How long into the run before it burnt and the other questions in my first post
    no it was cool to the touch

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I wouid not run that motor again. Did you actually see the LHS personnel test it?
    So you think that they will replace the Motor ESC and Batteries? Im fairly new to the electric world i am Die HARD traxxas nitro fan but when my bro got that brushless revo i wanted a brushless maxx? so im like crap
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wouldn't give up. They rip and even with 4s will smoke the 3.3 and are normally pretty reliable
    Might have to send the motor back to castle though

RC Enthusiast
    Ima Send the motor ESC and batteries back Tomorrow lol kinda Sucks having to wait on traxxas to make there decison and ship parts back tho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Too bad the lhs can't accept it back as a lemon

RC Champion
    I'd go back to the lhs and asked them how they tested the motor. Then start raising a stink and have them test it right in front of u. Once u can prove it was the motor that burnt things out find out what they are going to do to compensate you for not testing in the first place

As for the second esc take it back to the lhs. You should have at least 7 days to return most places are 20-30 days doesn't matter if its defective or not.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would drop the whole car off to them and tell them you want a new one or you will cantact your visa and dispute the charges(paid with visa?)

RC Racer
    wow, this post now really scares me about buying one...
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAD View Post
    wow, this post now really scares me about buying one...
    Remember, sometimes a few bad experiences will come to the forums, making it seem like they're all time bombs. In reality, the overwhelming majority of E-Maxxes run flawlessly. Mine has been great. And that power system is a BEAST.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree it luck of the Draw My Brother in-law has the Brushless E Revo with the same power system that is amazing. hes always been a Revo guy and i have always ran T Maxx thats why i got the E maxx. traxxas told me to send all the Electronics back and they would replace them just have some down time back to the ole trusty maxx 3.3 and Slash 4x4 it know it will be awesome once i get it put back together

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so traxxas Replaced all Electronics plus both batteries My question is I cant Remember Which Position the The Red Black and white wires on the motors go in the ESC can someone help?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep253 View Post
    Ok so traxxas Replaced all Electronics plus both batteries My question is I cant Remember Which Position the The Red Black and white wires on the motors go in the ESC can someone help?
    Just put them on in any order. If the truck runs backwards, reverse any two wires.

RC Enthusiast
    So no matter how they hooked up it wont burn it up lol dont wanna go there again

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep253 View Post
    So no matter how they hooked up it wont burn it up lol dont wanna go there again
    Lol, I understand your hesitation! Yes, any configuration will do! I match all 3, then if the motor runs backwards, swap any 2 wires to reverse the current.
    If you have the program card, or usb connector, you can use the programming app on your pc to reverse current wile keeping the colors matched. Just in case your a stickler about details. Lol
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Lol, I understand your hesitation! Yes, any configuration will do! I match all 3, then if the motor runs backwards, swap any 2 wires to reverse the current.
    If you have the program card, or usb connector, you can use the programming app on your pc to reverse current wile keeping the colors matched. Just in case your a stickler about details. Lol
    Thanks ya'll maybe we can get back to bashing shortly.......

RC poster
    How'd u make out Sheep?