RC Qualifier

looking for good axle carriers

Ive been trying to adjust my ride height on my erbe and noticed that on my left rear axle carrier is alot harder to move the pivot balls on my a arms. What is the cause of that? Or is that normal? I kinda want to upgrade them but not sure what's a good alternative. And i don't know if it's me or what but my back wheels kinda bow inwards....heres a pic.

that would be a little toe in, the back wheels..they should have some toe in..

RPM arms?? the pivot ball should be a little tight so it doesn't back out.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    that would be a little toe in, the back wheels..they should have some toe in..

RPM arms?? the pivot ball should be a little tight so it doesn't back out.
    How do you tighten the pivot ball? I though it just slips in the bearing carrier.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If the carrier is to hard too move the pivot ball retainer is too tight, toe in can be adjusted with the toe link.

RC Qualifier
    They are rpm a arms. The right side can move up and down easy but the left is real stiff. So it better to be stiff?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It shouldn't be stiff, there must be a binding, and my guess is like said before the pivot ball retainers are too tight, or a hinge pin can be bent, the only thing that should push force down should be the shock, but it is easy to compress by hand.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    It shouldn't be stiff, there must be a binding, and my guess is like said before the pivot ball retainers are too tight, or a hinge pin can be bent, the only thing that should push force down should be the shock, but it is easy to compress by hand.
    Cool....so can it be fixed or should i go to rpm carriers?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Try loosen up the retainer, there is no need to upgrade if they are fine unless you want to. I have rpm with no complain, teknos are pretty good too.

RC Qualifier
    Most of the time it's the pivot ball cap screws that are too tight. I've noticed stock pivot balls are rarely totally round and can bind. You want to loosen the cap screw until it doesn't bind at the tightest spot. It may be just slightly loose and you will get a little play but that's okay.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am happy with my rpm carriers didn't want to wait to break the stock ones. Best to buy rpm's toe in and camber tools. Without it just guessing