Thread: 3 blade prop

RC Competitor

3 blade prop

Has anyone tried a grim racer 3 blade prop? If so how did it run? And temps?

RC Champion
    I have not tried a Grim Racer 3 blade prop but did test with a Octura X440 3 blade with little success. The prop just produced alot of cavation befor getting on plane. A two blade prop is a much better choice for the Spartan.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Ok! I just bought a grim racer 42x55 instead of the plastic prop. Is this still going to be fine even the it has a smaller pitch?

RC Champion
    It should be ok. The 55mm converts to 2.165 in. which is just a mure .145 in smaller than stock.

Less pitch allows the motor to rev a little quicker with less load on the motor, but some cavitation may occur brefly on launch. Alot more can be said but just trying to keep it simple as possible.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Alright! Thanks i will be running on tuesday as soon as my motor and esc come in.

RC Qualifier
    I have also tried a couple different 3 blade props, with the same results as orca44. Lots of cavitation, once they hook up they are ok, but also really easy to loose plane when cornering etc. 2 blade definitely the way to go.

The stock prop is 42mm x 59mm. 42 diameter, 59 pitch.

The Grim Racer 42x55 is the same diameter, but less pitch.

I have run the GR 42x55 and it will work fine, but the lower pitch will cost you a bit of top end speed.

As mentioned, it will reduce the load on the components a bit.

hog