Thread: lipo care

RC Qualifier

lipo care

So I was running my Bandit the other day and after going over this big jump and landing hard on the transmission, the gears started to click really bad. The spur was destroyed. Anyhow, I had just started to run, and my lipo was fully charged. What should I do with the lipo for the 2 weeks its going to be sitting while I wait for a new gear?

RC Competitor
    It is best to store your lipos half charged and if possible in the fridge..
    (cold temperatures delay the chemical reactions inside the lipos therefore prolong their life)
    if your charger has a discharge function use it to discharge it half way through..or run a charge/discharge cycle every couple of days..

RC Champion
    2 weeks once in a while shouldnt matter too much to the overall life of your pack, its IR, or capacity.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcguy1324 View Post
    What should I do with the lipo for the 2 weeks its going to be sitting while I wait for a new gear?
    Does your charger have a LiPo storage function? If so, you should use that. Each cell should be at or around 3.85V for long periods of storage (anything longer than a day or two). The longer you leave your cells sit fully charged (or close to 4.2V per cell), the worse it is for your packs.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    My charger doesn't have a storage function. Is there any other way to discharge a battery? I already have it in the fridge.