Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Good Diff fluid Weight for Bashing!!!

Hey guys!!

I juggle between driving 10 RC's. Well needless to say the ERBE is one of my favorites too!! I think my fluid is old and warn out, basically broken down. LOL I've had this little~big truck for nearly a year an a half. I had to have one, well you know how that goes. I purchased it already upgraded with a bunch of goodies. I havent really broken the truck down and done any maintenance. The fella before me took good care of it, and so have I. This past weekend after getting the little guys MERV back up we went bashing with both. I've noticed the last couple of runs the front pulls way more than the back. I'm thinking I need to tear them down, clean, and rebuild. I'll do the same with the rest of the truck to. At least clean all the pins, bearings, and all that good stuff. Of course this truck needs some luv'n too.

I have a few things i'm going to upgrade on it. Going to yank the MMM and swap it for a MMMv2 WP, TQi Rx, and Voltage Tap & Temp sensor. I also have an Outerwears shroud and a new Volkswagon body. LOL

My question is what is a good diff lube weight for bashing? I run 4S onlly.

Here is the ONE single pic of it. I'll take more once I get started.

I currently have Mashers on it. Think they are mounted to old Traxxas wheels.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I used 120K all last year and recently started putting 500k in my Emaxx and now its going in the Erevo. We have a lot of sand here and the 500k is awesome, my nitro's have diff spools in the sand but my electrics sometimes see harder surfaces so i still need them to steer. on pavement they still work good its not as stiff as it sounds untill your going fast i also have the center diff in to help keep the front wheels down, The truck rips with the MM2

RC poster
    I use 100k in my front and rear diffs. It does ok for bashing on hard Georgia clay and speed runs on asphalt too. Ive given some thought to blending 1 part 500k to 3 parts 100k just to see how it does...
    Last edited by SpeedSin; 03-13-2013 at 03:58 PM.

I use a mixture of 100k and 50k Front and 50K rear. This suites my driving style.
    Rock n Rolla !

Awesome guys!! I guess like shock oil its going to depend on what suits you. Diffs oils are the things I have yet to mess with. Not like its the easiest place to be tinkering with. haha

I have to check my ERBE box to see what all Diff Oils weights I have in there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

These are the different weights I have in my box. 10k, 30k, 50k, & 500k. Hmmm....LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

120k F&R Revo
    SumRevo 700k front & locked rear... not recommended for a BL

lower weight if you race, higher weight for bashing.

I going to bet that the diff fluid has leaked out, another prob with the stock diff, less than stellar gasket.

I don't need {like} a lot of diff'n I would fill the carrier 3/4 full with 500k & top off with 50k..

just make sure you get all the air {bubbles} out. let the carrier set for several hrs, for the bubbles to come out....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go for 50k all around and even 30k in the rear if you like tight turns for a track

RC Qualifier
    Hm, so everyone here uses something else, hehe. Im about to refill my front diff this day, and have 50k and 30k available. 50K or 30K. I'm guessing 50K? Rear still has 30K stock.

Thanks guys.

This will be nothing more than a bashing rig. Any good pointers while i'm there let me know. I plan on busting into this truck slowly here soon. I always clean everything up real nicely then freshen it up before re installing.

I'm thinking the 500k (3/4 fill) and topping it off with 50k (1/4) like 87GN noted. See how that ends up working. I wouldnt be surprised that the back has leaked out. It just started slipping really bad like a few packs ago. I just really noticed it way more last time out.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore