RC Competitor

Should my house be safe?

Ok so this is what I got. 5 lipos and 2 NIMH batteries. I bought a cheap lipo bag off eBay and found out after some research it was fake lol so I bought a dynamite lipo bag too. I also have a small fireproof safe. If I put my batteries inside the cheap bag and inside the dynamite one (double layering it) and then put that bag inside the fireproof safe will I have to worry if one battery catches fire? If one goes I'm guessing all will go. I don't want to have to worry at all because my house is very nice and the last thing I want is for it to get cought on fire.

RC Champion
    That is overkill but will be fine. When I made the lipo jump I was paranoid. Now I keep all 4 in lipo sacks on my kitchen counter and charge and store them there. Follow manufacturers instructions ALWAYS BALANCE use your head and you will be fine and have lots of fun.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    ALWAYS BALANCE use your head and you will be fine and have lots of fun.
    +1 this!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Yep your house is lipo safe! And don't worry im pretty sure lipos only "blow up" when they are punctured or the soldering tabs are bad, so if you do as pro mod Steve says you will be fine!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Competitor
    Haha. You can never be too safe tho! I'm only worried about one battery that is swollen a little bit. Is a swollen battery a bad sign?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jd 3592 View Post
    haha. You can never be too safe tho! I'm only worried about one battery that is swollen a little bit. Is a swollen battery a bad sign?
    yes junk it.

RC Competitor
    Grrrr..... $60 down the drain....