Thread: 5085 servo?

RC Qualifier

5085 servo?

Ok so I recently bought one of these and installed it, love it. My buddy wanted to see my 2wd vxl pede at work today so I brought it and my summit jr to work for a little bash at lunch at noon. Well he got hung up in a 3 inch mud/puddle had standing water in it but was muddy. Anyway me having fun not thinking drove my summit right in there and pushed him out lol. Fast forward 7 hours Im home cleaning it up, took the wheels off took it to the sprayer on the kitchen sink and began spraying out the gunk then I look down and realize the servo...so I dry everything as quick as possible and hook a bat up for a quick test it still works just fine, my ? is should I disassemble it or do you think its all good to leave it since it works just fine?
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    I'd leave well-enough alone. It probably didn't get any water in it.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    thats what I was thinking but also thinking I should sneak a peek lol

RC Champion
    Nah...it's a goner...take it off and give it to me.lol.
    Just kidding...I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts giving you issues.
    "If it ain't broke...don't fix it."
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    Why not water proof it? I also got a 5085 for each car last weekend, I took them apart and put grease where the gear comes out and then did 3 coats of the plasti dip spray, drove the digger in the snow and puddles all weekend and so far so good, the spray goes on very thin and if you tape it off right it doesn't change the look either.

RC Qualifier
    lol well I tested it again after really good and dry now and its still rocking so I got lucky, wasn't even thinking just seen the mud and water and was like "watch this" those famous last words should have warned me as I positioned the summit jr. to push out the pede lol but on a higher note those slash 2.0/3.0 trenchers work really well in the mud

RC Qualifier
    I need to Chk, I got it and was like I dont normally drive in the mud I hate the clean up of it but was with the guys and you know gotta show what it can do lol ...., I will be doing something shortly before I have another brain fart and get it wet again. THe grease and spray dip sounds like a good plan will be looking for it this weekend, I assume walmart shall have it or the auto store.

RC Racer
    Good to hear its still working fine, Got mine at Home Depot, around 5 bucks.

RC Champion
    My 5085hg will be in my BB Revo...which won't be getting wet...so I'm not that worried about it.
    Once a servo dies in either the Summit or the rally...then I'll attempt waterproofing one.
    Take pics when you do yours Timber211.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    electronics are luck of the draw, i've landed my heli in the pool twice. The first time it was in someone elses pool, it sat there for a bit at the bottom until they fished it out. Everything survived including the battery although the battery did corrode like a day or so later but the electronics were used for at least a year later and kept working fine. ESC, Gyro, servos, receiver. The other time the esc burnt up, but the rest of the electronics made it.

RC Qualifier
    will do Dc if I get time to do it this weekend, Thinking of doing a tear down soon and dyeing the chassis some color not sure yet maybe maroon or something when I do that I will look into the waterproofing of my servo, and I tried the zip tie trick to lower my cog and it worked like a charm then cut them and back to off roading fun, think for the little amount of on road playing I do I will just do this unless it ends up hurting something but it seemed to be just fine today thru 25 minutes of playing in the the pavement and gravel....call it a redneck fix but its cheap and a simple temporary very quick conversion. Seen it on here awhile back some fun was poked at it but it does work like a charm
    http://youtu.be/3KK7dMKXVbc

RC Qualifier
    The lady picked me up some scarlet red RIT dye today, suppose to be rainy all weekend so looks like a good time to do this mod hopefully I get time to do it...crossing fingers

RC Champion
    Cool..definitely different than black. Be sure to take lots of pics...and don't forget to dye the rockers while you are at it.
    Oh...and remember that you can make it darker by doing it more than once...and the longer you leave it in...the better it will do.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    yep I got my feet wet with the purple pede it was my practice one lol ...I will get some pics of it thats for sure...

RC Qualifier
    Not sure if I will get to dye anything this weekend my countertop came in yesterday went and picked it up today and started finishing the kitchen remodel, I will get to the dye job as soon as I can