RC Champion

Cool Tried to break my High Gear RC converted 1/8 2wd Traxxas Slash today!

Did some pretty serious curb bashing today. Ran into my curb at full throttle attempting to break something on my High Gear RC convereted 1/8 2wd Traxxas Slash. Absolutley nothing broke or bent which is great news because this truck is heavy! Below are a few pics after I ran it. The front bumper took quite a beating, but the chassis is barely scratched! Very impressive!

Last edited by ponie1992; 03-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    What motor/ESC u running ? Pin/spur gearing ?

RC Qualifier
    I'll bet it's heavy. The aluminum lower plate is about 3x the size of the plate on Slash8, and Slash8 is heavy. As the builder/owner of a 1/8th Slash, I'm wondering how much of a market there is for this-- when you consider the High Gear "kit", the XO1 bits, an SC8 shell, and electronics capable of pushing it, it starts getting expensive.

Also curious as to electronics and gearing. It seems much louder than it is fast.

RC Champion
    ESC is a Mamba Monster. Motor is a ZTW 2250kv. Pinion is 14T mod 1 and spur is 40T mod 1. Just weighed it without batteries or body and it's 6 pounds. You can pick up the Traxxas pieces on ebay for less than $20. I've actually paid less than $15 by waiting on the right deal. I believe I paid around $45-50 for the body. I already had the electronics. So, if someone were to want a 1/8 SCT and already had a Slash, they can convert for a lot less than the current 1/8 SCTs on the market.

And, with this gearing, it isn't meant for speed. But, it is still quite fast. The couple times you see it running up and down the street was about 1/2 throttle.
    Jeremy