RC Qualifier

Anyone else taking state test?

We have had O.G.T's start this week which is Ohio Graduation Test. We have one test everyday for 5 day; reading, math, writing, science, history. We get a 2 hour time limit then school actually starts and if you don't finish in that time then you get one more hour to finish.
    I'm taking these test as a sophomore.
    Any one else testing or have tested recently?
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    My daughters had those tests last week. They are for your State to measure the teaching curriculum. If the students dont take the test seriously, the state may lose funding for education.

They really are an important part of the states education programs.

Take them seriously

RC Qualifier
    We have these tests every single year here in Wisconsin from 4th grade to softmore i think. 4th grade, 8th grade, and softmore are all subjects includes social studies etc.. on the other years we just have reading and math i believe. We do about 2-3 sections a day if i remember right with each having different times from 15 minutes for a small portion to 45 to a big math portion. These aren't horrible but do get annoying. The good thing is we get free breakfast snacks and milk on these days The thing that does really indeed suck is these other tests which we (meaning our school. kids have to do it even if you miss the day.) are not required to do but we do. They are called MAPS tests. Info here these suck. Even though i like computers and all these are definitively again the worst! we take them for a period of 1 week about each day taking a block. (we use the block system instead of 8 classes. 4 blocks each quarter/semester. ex. instead of math and science all year we do 1 semester of math and 1 of science. This means each block is x2 the time and homework but it is the best ever. Blocks usually last around 135 min or so.) Then we take these tests in fall, winter, and spring. Each year We have been told that Wisconsin changes test types every couple of years so they might change to something like maps testing so we need practice and just for the heck of it whatever...

Ps: alot of the maps is a guessing game, the math or whatever would be for the next year so if you don't know you better hope your a good guesser, or can hit the down button to rotate to the next question while you have your eyes closed
    If you go down more then 10 points you have to retake the test. So hope that your guesses are consistent
    Last edited by idkhow101; 03-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Idk: sounds like you take more test then we do. We take exams every semester which is every 18 weeks and we have 2 semesters in a school year.

These test determine wheather we graduate or not. If you fail you take the test until you pass or don't graduate.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    In my state you have one test each year for your last 4 years to graduate.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Wow we just have a super easy high school exit exam as sophmores. My school has a 99% pass rate; it's a joke. We also have California state tests from elementary to 11th grade.
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    when I lived in Cali I had to take the California High School Exit Exam even though I wouldnt be graduating in the state. No exceptions.

My last 2 years of high school were in Oregon and I never had to take any of that evaluation or exit exam stuff. It was just keep your grades good and graduate.

Im in my 4th year of college now and we are back to dead week, a week of tests and studying before finals week starts. Finals week is just testing. 2 hours of tests per class.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

I think Florida likes to waste money...
    Here we have the FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test) (statewide standardized test for Florida school children)...

I think it's a load of hoo ha ha myself. They already have to take the S.A.T.(Scholastic Aptitude Test) and a P.S.A.T. (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test)...

If you can get through the PSAT and the SAT's I see other testing as just a redundancy that is a total waste of money. It's a way to create another testing industry in the schools...

So now, our kids are being taught how to pass the FCAT, because schools who do good on the FCAT get better funding than those who don't... Now that's ludicrous!!!
    A school who is having the trouble's with their level of education need MORE funding to help them,,,, not less!!!!

The PSAT's and SAT's are a nationalized standard test, they cover everything, so why the other tests? Simple, the testing materials, the grading system of the tests, the study materials, the testing standards and supervision... It's a huge market... These materials and things are not produced by the school systems or the government but by private industry....

Anyways it's the way it is now, and it is a basis on Federal funding for schools... Why they can not base this on the PSAT and SAT is beyond me.... Those are nationalized standards not state standards, but the federal funding is based on the States tests that are not nationally standardized....

If you're a student, study for your PSAT's and SAT's, If you get the opportunity to take the SAT earlier than your Senior Year, this means you can take it multiple times and the best score is what counts..... My sun is a Junrio and took his SAT this year and will take it 3 more times before he graduates... So that can better his chances for college or even scholarships...

Sorry for the slight rant,,,, I just think this statewide testing is just wasting money, I'd rather they base the funding on the PSAT and SAT, drop these state ran tests and use the funding they are wasting to educate our kids for life, not to pass a state test....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Nitro: I don't think you were ranting, just stating your mind. I actually picked up some information..
    Earlier in the school we were put into the gymnasium and were told to take these test.. Later on we found that they were actually the PSAT's. I had a couple of close friends take the SAT's and they scored well. I think one actually scored like a 26 or so..and they are only sophomores. I'm not sure what is considered to be "passing" or not.

So far these OGT test have been easier than I thought.. Today we took writing and the first prompt was to write about a special possession or something along those lines.. At the time I went blanks so I ended up writing about this special rock which helped me hunt and kill the biggest purple dinosaur in all the land with a .50 cal from a mile away.. 2 more of my close friends also wrote about a lucky rock.. It's a small world..
    Never trust a fart.

Now thats funny, hope it was at least a pretty rock.

I was never any good at the stupid essay portions of those tests, never could see the need for them.

The FCAT here in FL is a joke and a waste of taxpayer money, I'm with you NN.
    I'm still waiting see the standardized student they say these standardized tests are for!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I just took the ACT as a seventh grader. I also took the ISATs, the most boring thing in Boringville, Illinois.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Qualifier
    I heard that Ohio might start getting rid these O.G.T and just do the ACT's
    Never trust a fart.