RC Racer

Got a Slash for my daughter......

My liitle girl told me she wanting a slash. so I found a decent priced roller and took my main rusty apart to get it running. Now we will just share till I put mine back together. One question tho is there a batt hold down ext for these? My 3S won't fit its a 5000mah SPC soft pack. After driving it some today I'm really impressed on how much better it handles than the rusty. She seems to really like it but has some learning to do.

RC Qualifier
    Part number TRA5827X, about $5.

RC Racer
    3s is a bit much imo. I have a tough enough time keeping things straight on 2s 65c let alone a 3s pack. Maybe she can teach me how it's done. My daughter only believes in full throttle all the time and steering is optional. But she is only 5. Makes for some interesting crashes.

I would be concerned about the battery,my 3s of equal mah's will go in and need a one inch foam spacer to keep it from bouncing around.
    And it's a low quality soft pack,speed pack.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Now THAT is the way to start them. I prefer a strap actually, get a strap, drill some holes, rivet it in.

MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    No the 3S is for me to run it. The kids are restricted to 2S power. Thanks for the part number Dr. I've learned on running the 3S you don't have to run full throttle all the time. Really don't get over half much anymore unless doing speed runs. Its fun to mess with my dad and cousin tho they run 2S.

RC Champion
    your rusty must not have been set up right cause my old slash and my sons slash didnt handle as good as my old bandit and definitely not as good as my current rusty. slash is great though. i miss my old one. they are perfect for kids and just about bullet proof.

RC Racer
    I had the slash out today and will say I prefer my Rusty. Not sure if its because I learned to drive R/C's with or what. I rolled the slash a lot more than I ever have the rusty. But my rusty has a wide front and lots of practice with it. I as improving with the slash by the end of the run time tho. I hope she gets it down with some run time.

RC Racer
    Get a LCg kit it will help I had a 2wd slash every time u do a high speed tight corner it would flip hated it

RC Champion
    a little bit of suspension tuning and/or an lcg will help a lot.

RC Racer
    Been tuning the shocks and have it where it doesn't flip so often. Getting happier with it each time I run it. Now time to get the body she wants and new wheels/tires. Then turn it over to her.