Thread: Blue Locktite

RC Enthusiast

Blue Locktite

Where do you guys get your blue locktite tha can be used on plastic parts, every blue locktite i have found says that it is not recommanded for plastic.

Thanks,

Wolf

Loctite is merely used for metal to metal connections. Where would you want to use it on plastic?
    Nobody is born with experience.

If you need a thread locking agent for screws going into plastic use a drop of CA glue It works pretty good and you can still remove the screw when you need to.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    I am having issue with the screws holding the body mount coming loss or falling out... it happended the other day and it was suggested that i use some blue locktite on them to keep them from backing out.

You could use expoxy glue but it will be a pain to get back out....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Loctite is a brand name so it helps to look for thread locker. Metal thread locker is a thermoplastic that can damage certian types of plastics. Anyways, check your local hardware store, you want Loctite 425. It is meant for plastic. It is blue but the color only means it is low strength, not that it is meant for metal or plastic. Here's a a description... http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg...=8797887234049
    As you see in the link they also sell a cyanoacrylate activator to speed up the process which is why most people only use some kind of CA glue sparingly. Clear nail polish works well and doesn't fog/cloud up the surrounding plastic even if used excessively like CA glue does. Hope that helps.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Magic I think that should get me straighted out.