RC Enthusiast

Hobby People 11.1v 3S 3200mAh 35C LiPo on sale... Thoughts???

Was thinking about getting this battery for my slash... It's on sale until tomorrow for only $42.99.

Have any of you run this battery, what do you think of it for the price?

RC Qualifier
    Spc is better and less expensive
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Racer
    3200 mah is kind of small IMO. Run time is pretty low. I agree with number 2 post get a 2s spc for 39.95 that has nearly twice the mah.

If I was getting a 3s I would go big. Nothing worse than short run times.

+1 to all the above.
    I guess you have to get over your go fast stage the hard way,after you find the 3s is more than the slash was really designed for,you'll have to buy a 2s anyway.
    Or learn good throttle control.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-12-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Yeah I wouldnt buy it..
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    +10 to what billy said 3s tears things up, if you aren't a good driver, then definitely no, but if you are dead set on getting a 3s lipo do as others have posted and check out SPC batts, good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    Yup I just got a 6500mah 50c 2s spc for around 40$shipped

RC Champion
    The Hobby People brand batteries are good but the mah 3s you are looking at is not what you want.

I have 4 ea of their 2s @ 5800 mah hard case batteries that have and doing a great job. I purchased them last summer on sale for less than the 3s you are looking at.

But last week I bought 2 ea SPC 2s 5400 mah 50c and 2ea of their 65000 mah 65c and all I can say is, "once you do that you''ll never go back".
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Another thing I like about spc over the couple venoms I have and 1 hobbypeople lipo is the spc can be charged at a 2c rate which is def. a +, smc has good batts. for good prices as well but a lot are back ordered right now

This is the SPC Racing pack to which those above are referring, arriving by March 15.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-12-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Not worth the price at all!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I had no idea that SPC even existed so I will definately look into getting one of those and will pass on this 3s Hobby People battery this time around. Plus after hearing what some of you are saying about the 3s batteries, and it being too powerful for these trucks I dont want to tear up my drivetrain...

What can be done to beef up the drivetrain so people can run a 3s in a slash?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    32p spur and pinion, correct slipper setting. You can get the stock axles to last with the proper slipper setup, but a set of teckno or mip steel axles will be much more solid. Just remember, its not just the drivetrain that gets abused, the entire truck will take exponentially more abuse as you ramp up the power and speed. Respect that extra power, or you will be breaking everything when you wreck it.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHotRod View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I had no idea that SPC even existed so I will definately look into getting one of those and will pass on this 3s Hobby People battery this time around. Plus after hearing what some of you are saying about the 3s batteries, and it being too powerful for these trucks I dont want to tear up my drivetrain...

What can be done to beef up the drivetrain so people can run a 3s in a slash?
    Other than my new LCG Slash 4x4, the only other one I have personally seen is the one a friend brings to the track here at home and he always runs 3s and I have never seen him go more than 2 battery packs without breaking something......

As many others have said on this forum, 3s and a stock Slash 4x4 used in off road bashing do not agree with one another....
    Even when we go to the Glamis sand dunes he is always breaking something.

I would say if ya just have to run 3s.... keep it on road or beef it up!!!! But my opinion and a dollar will get ya a double cheese burger at micky D's.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    3s is fine, just be careful. I love my 3s vs 2s.

RC Enthusiast
    I took your guys advice and held off on the Hobby people 3s lipo.

Although Ive never heard of SPC batteries but everyone on here is saying how great they are. How did you all here of SPC and are they only available online or does the local hobby store carry them?

I think many of us heard of them the best way: word of mouth.
    They are only available on-line. SPC eliminates one of the middlemen and passes the savings on to you.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-18-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yeah, that Hobby People pack is a bit on the pricey side for the low numbers it has. Only batteries I'll buy any more are SPC. Are they the best available? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that I've never run another brand that convinced me to switch. SPC's batteries, customer service, and prices are unbeatable. And don't think because they're cheaper that they're lacking anything because I can assure you that they're every bit as good, or in many cases, better than packs that cost twice as much.

RC Qualifier
    Check out urc for some batterie shootouts. You can learn a lot about batteries.
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Enthusiast
    Get it if it's on sale for that cheap... they're good batteries!