RC poster

emaxx steel driveshafts dont fit on spools

I've recently upgraded my differentials with the traxxas brand spools and tonight I tried install traxxas brand steel driveshafts after the stock ones broke but the cup that goes over the spool ends does not fit. I tried sliding the new driveshafts over the old differential output shafts and they go right on. Obviously the problem is with the spools but doesn't make since. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any easy fix? I would understand it they were aftermarket parts but they are alboth traxxas brand parts

RC Qualifier
    pics would help us see the problem
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC poster
    this is the cup that doesn't fit onto the spool

this the spool comming out of the differential housing. this is how far the drivrshaft cup will slide into the spool. Barely slides on at all.

here is a picture from the bottom showing how much farther it needs to go on. The set screw hole should be lined up with the cut out in the bulkhead to get the screws in and out

and here it is fully slid on the the orriginal differential that was removed from the e maxx
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-12-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Are you sure it's lined up straight and In line, cause I have those on my truck and there's no problem with the installation,

It might be that it isn't compatible with those spools and it simply won't fit
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-12-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: merge
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

Your best bet would be to get rid of the spool, they are very hard on things unless your running tne just the sand with it.

If your set on keeping the spool then you could always sand the spool ends a little to get the drive cups to fit, and I've found the cups have to be really straight going on.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!