RC Competitor

emaxx with lipo question

I've got a stock 3903 with the evx2(LVC) whats everyones take on running lipos.I know people do it but I heard the motors go to crap real fast. I'm trying to get a little more out of her without breaking the bank.
    thanks

RC Qualifier
    only run 2s lipos and you should be fine yeah the motors are working harder but they can handle the volts of a 2s, or gear your truck down slightly so its not running so fast
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann117elite View Post
    only run 2s lipos and you should be fine yeah the motors are working harder but they can handle the volts of a 2s, or gear your truck down slightly so its not running so fast
    +1 what Dan said; I would gear down a tooth or two. And know that you might shorten the life on those motors because the discharge curve of LiPos brings consistently more power from start to finish (whereas the power of a NiMh battery almost immediately starts tapering off).
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    ok so i use 2 lipos or just one

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
    ok so i use 2 lipos or just one
    Use two 2s LiPo's.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
    I've got a stock 3903 with the evx2(LVC) whats everyones take on running lipos.I know people do it but I heard the motors go to crap real fast. I'm trying to get a little more out of her without breaking the bank.
    thanks
    2S LiPo packs will NOT inherently damage the brushed motors in an EMaxx. What will damage these motors is the the heat associated with long runtimes, so gearing down will help with the heat.