RC Racer

Gear change with 2s lipo?

I am getting 2 2s 5000 mah lipo batteries. Will i need to do a gear change? There going in a bone stock 3903 brushed emaxx.

RC Competitor
    We are running 2 2s 7000mah Kershaw lipos and run stock gears with no issues.

RC Champion
    Welcome to LiPo!! Longer run times, lighter weight, the girls are prettier, etc.

You should be fine. When the summer brings warmer temps, make sure you keep an eye on motor temps. You might have to practice a little throttle control, or even go down a tooth or two on your pinion. Emphasis on might...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    No problems here...

5800 mah lipos on the older evx2 and a separate low voltage detector on the lipos and good to go.

I get bored typically before the lipo runs out of power!!

This is coming from RC helis were you get maybe 4-6 minutes per battery on a flight!!

RC Racer
    Lipos FTW! Zippogeek missed shorter charge time. The nimh packs took an hr and an a half to charge each plus about an hr to cool down. So 4 hrs just run. My 2s lipos, take about half the time to charge and no cool down time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by warthogfan2 View Post
    Lipos FTW! Zippogeek missed shorter charge time. The nimh packs took an hr and an a half to charge each plus about an hr to cool down. So 4 hrs just run. My 2s lipos, take about half the time to charge and no cool down time.
    There isn't any cool down time required for Nimh after charging - in fact they will run best right off the charger while still warm and will do so with no harm to the packs at all. And if charged at a 1C rate, Nimh takes only 1 hour to charge, just like LiPo.