Thread: emaxx 3905

RC Qualifier

emaxx 3905

can the emaxx stock 3905 esc, motors and gearing take two 6500 mAh 2s lipo packs without it harming anything, just ordered them from spc............let me know any help is greatly appreciated

oh also i'll probably need to get a lvd sensor right?
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Yeah get a cheap LVA that plugs into the balance port of the LiPo. Use the LVA on the BEC side.

Other than the 6500 mah fitting, the other issue will be extended run times which runs the risk of overheating the motor and ESC. You may want to take a break to let things cool down.

RC Qualifier
    How does the lvd work like will it shut the truck off once it reaches the lowest allowed voltage or will it show some kinda sign telling me the batteries are almost dead?
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Low Voltage Detection (LVD) is usually built into the ESC and in some cases can be programed a few preset thresholds. When that low voltage threshold is reached the ESC goes into protection mode. What happens then depends on the ESC programing. I believe most will kill the power to the motor. I think I've heard that some will cut the power in half to the motor.

Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) is wired between the battery and the ESC and throttle control on the receiver. When a preset low voltage threshold is reached the LVC kills the power.

Low Voltage Alarm (LVA) is a simple device that plugs into the balance port of a LiPo battery. When a preset low voltage threshold is met the LVA beeps or chirps or squeals. That alarm is your signal to stop the vehicle and change/charge the battery.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    There are tons of them on EBay for a few bucks. They are pretty loud for their size.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    Ya the alarms work great. But I would take it easy on the motors. The brushes seem to brake off when the motor gets hot.