Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Tickets suck

  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    1,329

    Tickets suck

    So I was driving in the freeway the other day and just driving along normally and what do I suddenly see in my mirror? Police lights. I was so mad. I was only going 10 over the speed limit, which in Utah is almost consider going slow and the cop wasn't in a good mood so he pulled me over. I got slapped with a $180 ticket. The part that sucks is I was going to go buy a mmp for my slash but now I don't have the money for it. Stinking cops. Why don't they pull over the people that go 5 under the speed limit?!? Anyone else get stupid tickets?
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mike-susieq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,840
    nope not here i follow the speed limit as near as possible maybe 3 mph over or 3 under sometimes a little more only because i know there are sharp turns which i will have to slow for or stuff like that. I have never got a ticket but i know friends have and they have been hit with 250 tickets here in CA. Today on my way home i seen 10 CHP's in less than 10 mins on the same highway now that is crazy
    DEU 8:18 ESV

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    sacramento, ca
    Posts
    742
    Last ticket I got was about three years ago. They stick it to you in california. I think it was around a 400 $ ticket. And went on my record, raising my insurance. Lame!!
    addicted much....

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mike-susieq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by the finisher View Post
    Last ticket I got was about three years ago. They stick it to you in california. I think it was around a 400 $ ticket. And went on my record, raising my insurance. Lame!!
    did you go to school to get it off? i know our friend is getting her's off like that cost about 100 to go and it wont go on your record or your ins but you have to do it fast if they will let you do that though. i know she paid fast and is going to school on the 17th to make sure it doesnt go on there and get this she is in her 60's ok so you are never too old to go to driving school or whatever its called shoot i have known people to go when they are in their 70's just to get their high school diploma.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

  5. #5
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Putting the water on the hot stuff
    Posts
    9,750
    Speed limit is the limit. They can tag you for going 1 mph over. Highways have a minimum which is generally 40 mph so your argument has no stance. I know many cops won't blink an eye for 5 mph because of possible speedo error. 10 is where they start tagging.
    I got pulled over for too dark of window tint. That was $135.
    The Super Derecho

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    sacramento, ca
    Posts
    742
    Haha! You can only go to traffic school once every 18 months.........if you get my drift.

    Last time I did the improv traffic school online. It's pretty cool and easy. 35 bucks.
    addicted much....

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    171
    I have never gotten a stupid speeding ticket, just ones that I deserve. Anytime A police officer pulls me over I am polite as possible, as I do appreciate what they do.
    DJ

    Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,575
    my first ticket for passing over a trailer was $340 and that was back in 2002. i went to school for that.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  9. #9
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Why don't they pull over the people that go 5 under the speed limit?!?
    That's easy--they're not breaking the law, you are.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    In my opinion it wasn't a stupid ticket. You deserved
    it because you were breaking the law!! Its as simple as that,
    you have no reason to complain !!!!

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Anyone else get stupid tickets?
    I'm a former police officer, so I can say with "authority" that it's not really a stupid ticket. The speed limit on the interstate is absolute (meaning he could technically write you for 1 mph over, although that would get thrown out of court).

    I understand your frustration; I used to be young and got several tickets before I was a cop. And for what it's worth, I do think his "number" was a little low (the speed at which you decide to write a ticket). My number was always +13, because when I was a cop I would routinely drive 65 in a 55; it would be hypocritical for me to write a ticket for anything less. I always threw in an extra 3 mph for benefit of the doubt, and I never had a citation thrown out.

    My suggestion is to go to court, get in line and speak to the prosecutor. Get it reduced to a parking ticket; you might have to go to traffic school first but it will actually be good for you. You might actually get an insurance REDUCTION for that defensive driving course...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,073
    So you were pulled over for doing 10mph over and got a ticket for speeding? Working as intended. That police officer was within his right to issue it. We all done it but most of the time I get a warning when you are polite and generally just be honest and say you weren't thinkin straight. I got a warning for a 65 in a 45 which could had been a nasty ticket(that was 2 years ago). I just stay at the speed limit but no more the 5 over( except by the beach where all the rich people live bc they actually have their own police force and is funded they them and these cops are nasty and for a 1mph over they keep you there for a hour).
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mike-susieq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Speed limit is the limit. They can tag you for going 1 mph over. Highways have a minimum which is generally 40 mph so your argument has no stance. I know many cops won't blink an eye for 5 mph because of possible speedo error. 10 is where they start tagging.
    I got pulled over for too dark of window tint. That was $135.
    Window tint now that i know here in california they do that sometimes, my cousin got pulled over and got a ticket for too loud of mufflers on his 68 it had 3 1/2" dual pipes so he had to reduce it down to 2 3/4"-3". You can get a ticket for alot of reasons mainly its the speeding ticket they are going to get you on. If you want to drive fast go to Nevada where its like 70-80 there then you wont get tickets haha
    DEU 8:18 ESV

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hackettstown,NJ
    Posts
    1,436
    Glad I live on the East Coast. The State Police NJ don't bother with you if you are going less than 10mph over the speed limit and most times even 15mph won't even get a second glance. The speed limit is 65 and everyone usually goes 75 or so. Towards the end of the month its a different story however so most keep it below 70mph.. Local police are a different story. 25mph is 25 and the town where I live there is very little leeway.. Thankfully I have several good friends who are police officers and I can usually throw out a name or two if I have to. My cousin is also a Sheriff's officer and I have a family gold shield and card if needed but I've only used that once and that was out of state.. To the OP.. It's no fun getting a speeding ticket or any ticket, but the laws are the laws... And to answer your original question.. Yes I have. I got speeding tickets that I went to court over 3 times and won all three times. twice the ticket was written in the wrong town that I went to court in.. that immediately gets thrown out and the officer hears it from the judge and the 3rd time I was given a ticket buy a police officer who clocked the wrong car. She couldn't identify my car but kept describing a completely different car and claimed to clock me on a road that I wasn't even on. Last I heard she is a college security officer in Texas..LOL I've gotten lucky with not getting tickets and the only ticket I've ever received that I couldn't beat was a passing on the right ticket more than 25 years ago..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    1,329
    I know it seems like I'm being a little ridiculous about it but that's just because im upset. and also every one in utah speeds on the freeway. I did very much deserve it. My ticket was only $90 but then I had to pay an extra $90 for traffic school so I don't have a huge increase in insurance. oh well I guess ill start going the speed limit now.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    1,329
    Oh and I guess I need to stop being a teenager too. Today me and my friend got pulled over and my friend got slapped with a $700 ticket. the reason for this was we were going 96mph in a 40mph zone. that one was pretty bad. He got charged with reckless driving and speeding and not showing his plates. The reason he didn't have his temporary plates in the window was because we were going to get his car registered right then. He will also most likely get his license taken away. It was a sad day.
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 03-12-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    In Florida if you are going over twice the limit, that is jail time consider yourselves lucky...and thats not counting the other infractions.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    1,329
    Yeah the police men told us we would be taken to Juvey if we didn't get out parents down there immediately to talk to the officers.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

  19. #19
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dawson creek bc
    Posts
    1,115
    25 MPH over the speed limit here and your vehicle immediately gets impounded

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    muscoda, wi
    Posts
    1,245
    no matter if we get caught or not we all speed. im not going to nag you out about it cause if i do ill probly get nailed tomorrow for speeding, . i do go slow in the mourning (45-50) on my way to work because of all the deer that are out and about. i mowed one deer with my jeep, and i dont wanna do it again. but after work i do tend to stay near 60mph most of the way home.
    you say your a teenager. well have fun, and be safe, and beware of your surroundings when you do crazy stuff. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    no matter if we get caught or not we all speed. im not going to nag you out about it cause if i do ill probly get nailed tomorrow for speeding, . i do go slow in the mourning (45-50) on my way to work because of all the deer that are out and about. i mowed one deer with my jeep, and i dont wanna do it again. but after work i do tend to stay near 60mph most of the way home.
    you say your a teenager. well have fun, and be safe, and beware of your surroundings when you do crazy stuff. peace
    THANK YOU!! yeah I make sure I have fun. like those crazy burn outs and donuts me and a friend were doing last weekend. Can't go in enough circles.
    Last edited by Bash'n'slash; 03-12-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

  22. #22
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,247
    This thread started off on a questionable note and has gone down hill since then. Statements like...

    we were going 96mph in a 40mph zone
    and

    like those crazy burn outs and donuts me and a friend were doing last weekend
    show you hae no respect for the law or other motorists on the road or the saftey of anyone in the area or yourself. This kind of posting has no business on this forum.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •