RC Enthusiast

Pointers on buying VXL slash on craigslist

Hi all, I am looking to buy a nice VXL 2WD Slash on craigslist for 175 (He says it has only been ran a few times). It comes with (almost) new tires and a charger, but no batteries. It also has a TQi System. I had a few questions.

Is this a good price for a slash?
    Should I be wary of no batteries? Maybe it might not actually work?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I paid that for an ebay vxl a year ago. Not the best price now. I'm still a firm believer in building my own with all the ebay chop shops around.
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Qualifier
    Bring your own and make sure everything works. At the price i would think it would be almost new.

RC Champion
    I think 175 is fair for a VXL but make sure it's a true VXL....slash heavy duty steering and links. Also make sure it drives without making any horrible noises

RC Qualifier
    175 is a good deal. The vxl system alone is 169.99 at my LHS.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    That is a good price for a clean "barely ran".

Dont buy it until you see it run. Once money changes hands, your options are very limited if the guy is scamming you. You could have him meet you at a lhs for the sale. This way the hobby shop can take a quick look to see if everything is good. They prob will even have a battery there to use so that you can test it.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Be careful in that barely ran. I had a buddy buy a hardly ran .. Different than yours at barely. But in e he got it without. He king with me....brought it over to my place and screws were stripped, screws were wrong all around and body mounts were shot and the esc stopped working out after 3 runs. And he just had to replace the servo.

Complete mess. Good luck

RC Enthusiast
    I would actually try to see it run instead of them just shipping it to you... sometimes trying to stay on a budget might tur out to having to spend our whole budget.

RC Champion
    I just looked at Tower Hobbies and they are $435, but that has a Traxxas Lipo included in the price now.

I would bring a battery to test the car.

I bought this Slash 4x4 with a Castle Mamba Max Pro 2400kv for $100 Saturday night.
    It was nearly new and not much run time on it. I know it was new since I rebuilt it for my friend a month ago and he didn't drive it much since it looked so nice. I traded a Tekin RX8 ESC/Motor combo for it on Saturday and this morning he texts me saying he wants to sell all of his RC stuff and sold me back the Tekin setup for $100.
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-13-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,