RC Qualifier

Cool backslash motor and esc/w a(strc) lcg chassis

Was wondering what motor and esc are you guys running in your backslashes? if its non traxxas sponsered please abbrevitate so we wont get into trouble. At this point i will be running 3's. Im wondering which motor 2200 2650 those are castle /w mm2. others considering texxxx line 2250 and 2650/w rx? Any HWrun 1/8 scale?. right now running tex no all the way around and the 17mm hexes. have already takin out a post for the servo to fit 1/8 scale servo. help me out let me know what fits? and how it fits mods no mods this is an early pic will post more updated ones later tonight. i have sensered and non sensered motor but dose it matter with the bigger motors weather its sensered or not?ty all for helping me out

i've run all of those combos. i can tell you the 2200 is the hardest on the drivetrain. The offbrand esc combos are fine. i've run them in my ofna and slash. they're actually very reliable. just make sure you get the program card. it makes things alot easier. i liked the tekin combos for racing. very smooth, but not my thing for bashing. my favorite combo is the monster mamba 2 and the 2650. it's not so brutal on the driveline and it's blistering fast on 4S. on 6S, if you have it set up right, you're looking at 90+mph with no lid or a sedan lid.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    Man that looks GREAT!!!! Been kind of think'n of the same conversion on my SSC chassis......are those Tekno shocks???
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    vxl would i be able to run the 2650 on 3's? As you can see from the pics thats a 3's lipo that i had plan to run and there is not much more room. Would a 4's lipo fit ? I dont have any in my stock havent had a need for that kind of speed.Of the fore mention combos can any run on 3's ? That lipo has been pretty good to me bought it used when i first got my slash 4x4 almost 2yrs now no complaints.Do i want to go 4's not really not out of the question though.Have to worry about the fit of the lipo

maybe not then. wow. you might wanna write strc and see if they have a solution for 4S. if not, then i would definately get a different combo. the 2650 on 3S isn't alot of fun imo. I would look into a motor in and around 4000kv for that. possibly the mamba max pro and the 3800kv motor. blistering fast speed and it runs pretty dang cool.

RC Qualifier
    4000kv for 3s???????? No way. Ive heard that if you put a 3s into that castle 3800 it will overheat.
    It seems alot of people like the mmp/2400kv on 2s so i would think you would definitly be okay there.
    Otherwise one exeption it seems like alot of people run 2s/3s on Hobbywing sc8+sc401 3800kv and it is cool. But if only 3s 3400kv of that combo will do wonders..

wanna hear some sarcasm? yeah, sorry, i don't know what the heck i was talkin about. 3s on a 3800....wow man...never entertain it. especially from someone who has never used it SINCE IT CAME OUT!!! it's FINE to use on 3S. just gear it conservatively. shesh. for that matter, i've used the hpi 4000 with great success on 3s as well. just start gearing low and go from there. dang...some people and what they hear....

RC Qualifier
    ok vxl i run my slash on 3's /w castle 2400 mmp rated 3 to 4's. 2650 rated 2 to 4's and the 2200 3 to 6's. so if i can run a 3800 on 3's geared low can i do the same for a lets say tekin 4600 on 3's?. Now does it matter that i will be running an 1/8 scale servo in there spektrxxxxxx 8000? so choices will likely change as i do more research on the motors. in the running now 2400, 2650,3800,4600 will also check out the hobby wing set up. so if i had to choose right now it would be the 2650 (curiosity more than anything) or the 2400 cause i got one and i know what it can do, or a 4600 i have laying around saying put me on 3's but i am not ready to choose will be doing research and see what i read. ty for the input so far

i would say the 4000 is about the highest kv you would wanna run on 3S.(that's he highest i've made work) if you go higher, make sure you check temps every few minutes and gear very low.

RC Enthusiast
    gee that thing looks awesome

RC Qualifier
    ok demensions for 3's 138x46x38mm, 4's 138x48x49mm. the last number is the most important the height. So battery can be up to 38mm in height. Not gonna try to mod anything for the battery 3's will be plenty enough power to move this buggy. so i guess now my question would be "What is the best motor to run on 3's? 2400? 2650? 3800? 2200?

str8skull could you elaborate a little more on that motor? vxl gonna do another thread and ask the 3's question .
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-12-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    do you have a rear STRC shock tower on the front?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    yes i do traxxasFTW thats the best way they fit the d8's i mean

Put a hobbywing pro sct esc 120a and tenshock sc411 3500kv in it and run all day with 2s and 3s i have ran mine hard for about 8 months running 17t pinion and 54t spur in my pede 4x4 with mips all round and untaped trenchers and its never gone over 150f so as your chassis is a gaint heatsink job done dude and you can pick one up for about $ 150 ish with a program card.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    gonna try that one spenniepoos and a couple more to see what i really want to put in there. im not rich but i cant argure with the price range will let you know what i choose ty

Dude i am not rich either thats why i went for best bang for your buck and did my homework before i spent my cash because i will put my kids first or my wife will cut my bits off haha....peace and happy hunting dude
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!