RC Qualifier

Trenchers vs Badlands

A picture is worth one thousand words:

The first thing that came to my mind when I first put them side-by-side was "LOL***". Had I known how small and puny Badlands really are I never would have bought them

Edit: Those are Trencher X's, actually, not vanilla Trenchers.

RC Qualifier
    Still prefer the Badlands for all around use.

They perform ok on track, in sand, rocks, grass, etc ...
    Their only downfall is in the snow since they're skinnier, they don't float as well on the fluffy stuff.

Another thing, they're pretty darn light so not too tough on the driveline.

RC Champion
    I'm running the Trencher Xs on my Maxx Brushless and couldn't be happier. They hook up on everything and roost dirt and snow all over the place.

Badlands are for girls.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Woah, that's quite a difference!

RC Qualifier
    Badlands all the way
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    As stated badlands are easier on the drivetrain. Plus they rip on almost every surface

RC Qualifier
    I don't plan to drive 5 or 6s at all, so that's one problem off my back. The other is that 99% of the landscape here is rocky. We have no mud, sand or dirt, and very little grass, so I'll need all the traction I can get. And Trenchers, being almost twice the width of badlands, will be a considerable help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Agree with Imprez.

trenchers are all terrain tires, but badlands are low profile, and weight less than trenchers, if you will be doing mostly off-roading I would consider the badlands.

RC Qualifier
    He says its very rocky so I think trenchers are a good call

RC Champion
    I got trenchers, because thats what I was given.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i just took my badlands off for some mashers. looked kind of wimpy next to my maxx with trenchers x!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Best tyres I bought so far for my truck are the badlands...only regret, I didn't buy them sooner.
    Rock n Rolla !

Badlands hook up quite well.. less rotating mass too...........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I had the trenchers on my ERBE for months...thought they were the best thing in the world. They look cool and hook up really well. I kept reading about how awesome the badlands were, so I finally pulled the trigger. Now i'm looking to sell the trenchers! The ONLY time I've wanted to put the trenchers back on is to go through thick/tall weeds/grass. The performance is noticeably better with the badlands. It's faster, more responsive, and WAY easier on the entire vehicle. Ppl shouldn't discard them because they don't look as big and bad as the trenchers (I'm convinced that a good portion of the ppl in this hobby are more concerned with how their truck looks than performs, lol).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanderson1 View Post
    I had the trenchers on my ERBE for months...thought they were the best thing in the world. They look cool and hook up really well. I kept reading about how awesome the badlands were, so I finally pulled the trigger. Now i'm looking to sell the trenchers! The ONLY time I've wanted to put the trenchers back on is to go through thick/tall weeds/grass. The performance is noticeably better with the badlands. It's faster, more responsive, and WAY easier on the entire vehicle. Ppl shouldn't discard them because they don't look as big and bad as the trenchers (I'm convinced that a good portion of the ppl in this hobby are more concerned with how their truck looks than performs, lol).
    I agree. Now sell me those trenchers.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

It could also be that having a big nasty looking tire that is big and nasty in performance is just a personal preference. It's a hobby we all do things differently. You ever buy an aluminum part because it was shiny, or a new body because it looked cool? The important thing is that you are having fun and providing useful feedback on the forums so others can make informed decisions when they come around to making the same decisions.

Personally having a lighter and smaller tire on my truck made all the difference in my last visit to the local track. I don't race just go there to run and bash a little. But having the time to do that made me realize I liked my revo much more as a monster truck than a racer, so as soon as I can get my mashers balanced they are going back on. Then gonna look for a truck body!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanderson1 View Post
    (I'm convinced that a good portion of the ppl in this hobby are more concerned with how their truck looks than performs, lol).
    I agree and the lighter tires will make your truck feel like a rocket instead of a fat sloth

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    It could also be that having a big nasty looking tire that is big and nasty in performance is just a personal preference. It's a hobby we all do things differently. You ever buy an aluminum part because it was shiny, or a new body because it looked cool? The important thing is that you are having fun and providing useful feedback on the forums so others can make informed decisions when they come around to making the same decisions.

Personally having a lighter and smaller tire on my truck made all the difference in my last visit to the local track. I don't race just go there to run and bash a little. But having the time to do that made me realize I liked my revo much more as a monster truck than a racer, so as soon as I can get my mashers balanced they are going back on. Then gonna look for a truck body!
    Me and you got the same vision.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post

Don't get me wrong... I love the monster truck aspect of the ERBE. I'm not a racer. Never will be. But performance is performance. I bash a lot on all different surfaces and personally feel like the badlands are a way better value and they out perform the trenchers, while saving your drivetrain. But like you said, it's all about having fun. Also, the trenchers are more than likely the 2nd or 3rd best tire IMO.

I should also add that I think the badlands would be even better if they were just a little taller and wider...
    Last edited by ssanderson1; 03-11-2013 at 10:50 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The other reason for taking my badlands off was so I can do more street driving. I bash in the mountains then jam on the street when we come out of the mountains. Couldn't do it with the badlands

RC Qualifier
    I think it would be cool to if they came out with a bigger badlands tire maybe and inch taller and wider

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    I think it would be cool to if they came out with a bigger badlands tire maybe and inch taller and wider
    an INCH!? a 5 inch tire....
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    An inch taller would be 6.8

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    an INCH!? a 5 inch tire....
    Not sure what you mean??? I mean an inch taller and wider so about 6 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    An inch taller would be 6.8
    Maybe not an inch then like 3/4

RC poster
    How do the trenchers go on road?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They work ok but are pretty big to go faster then 40

RC Qualifier
    I have every proline tire and the first ones i bought for my new Erevo was badlands, got sand tires on order now as well. Next might be the regular trenchers, the X's are too big i've never had a need for a tire that wide its just more weight and strain on the truck. plus the badlands handle so well on clay and soft dirt I love it!! I wish i could supersize my truck as drive it!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    got sand tires on order now as well.
    I got a set of ProLine Sling Shots and I love them ...

Look at them go in the sand pit !!!

RC Qualifier
    hello all 1st timer here.i have both and i have to say i love them both.i just recently got the badlands and at 1st i was like what is this little thing but i put them on and went out and played using them and i love them as much as my trencher x's.but i do have to say they probably will be much easier on the drive train.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I have every proline tire and the first ones i bought for my new Erevo was badlands, got sand tires on order now as well. Next might be the regular trenchers, the X's are too big i've never had a need for a tire that wide its just more weight and strain on the truck. plus the badlands handle so well on clay and soft dirt I love it!! I wish i could supersize my truck as drive it!
    I haven't weighed them...but I wouldn't be surprised if the regular trenchers(the ones I've been talking about) are heavier than the trencher x's. They're certainly taller...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't know only.39" taller but the x are .82 wider
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I don't know only.39" taller but the x are .82 wider
    Good point. Although the x are 0.72" wider... 4.15" vs 3.43"

RC Champion
    Idk my X's are pretty heavy.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Added that up.in a hurry seemed a little high

RC Qualifier
    I don't know the weights, but if we go off of surface area.....the 40 series trenchers have 7 square inches LESS than the X's. Soooo, you guys would more than likely be correct in saying that the X's are heavier.

Based on my math, the 40 series are approximately 89.24 square inches, while the X's are 96.2 square inches. That means that a 2.65" x 2.65" piece of Proline rubber is the difference in weight....probably negligible in the long run. Sorry to geek out with all the lame math and numbers!