RC poster

After run questions

Couple questions about the after run process.

How soon does this need done? The book says within a couple hours but the last couple Saturday night sessions have gone way past 1 am. Not really in the mood when I get home to do the process. Can I wait till the morning/mid afternoon to clean it up?

And does it really need done every time knowing I might play with it tomorrow. My buddys at work and I try to play for about an hour after work every day. If I know I'm going to be using it the next day do I still need to do the after run every time?

Right now I'm doing it every time I pretty much start it up but since I'm playing with it almost every day if not every other day it just seems over kill.

Should I wait to do the after run process only when I know its going on the shelf for a couple days? Or does this need done pretty much every time I start the motor?

RC Qualifier
    What fuel are you running? If you are using the car every day you'll be fine with out doing the after run procedure. If its gonna sit for a couple of days I would definitely do it. I've used wd-40, after run oil and Marvel Mystery oil in my engines. I like the Marvel the best. It wouldn't hurt to do it every time your do with you kit. That's what i do. It only takes a couple of seconds to do.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    What fuel are you running?
    Traxxas 20%

I usually after run mine after every run. But I also only run mine once a week then it sits rest of the time. Just to be safe if you're gonna use it the next day, instead of flushing the motor out completely (like you normally would for after run) just put a quick shot of WD40 down the carb and in the cylinder and let it sit.

You can make your own ARO also. I use 2 parts Marvel mystery oil and 1 part Automatic Transmission Fluid.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 03-09-2013 at 12:23 AM.

RC poster
    Use marvel mystery oil I have had great luck with it