RC Enthusiast

Xo-1 combo problems

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with a xo-1 motor ESC combo I just brought and was after a little help...The guy I purchased it off said the ESC was unlocked, once its unlock does it need to be repeated ??? Does the little red wire connected to the larger red wire on the ESC need to be connected as I thought it was only for the links connection to show heat etc. or MUST it be connected to the ESC ???

I have successfully binded the Traxxas receiver and transmitter with the ESC but it will only go forward for a few seconds then cut out ??? I seems to reverse as normal ( All tests done on a stand ) The beeps between when the ESC picking up the batteries and then the motor are lot longer between beeps than my other Castle combos ??? Is there a link for the correct settings for the program card as Ive only used the card on my 2200 Mambas and was thinking the 1717 may need separate settings ??

Txs heaps guys, not sure where to go from here :-(

RC Champion
    I usually don't respond to identical thread makers but I'll make an exception this time. The red wire is for the telemetry voltage and not very useful when the mamba has low voltage protection already. Sounds like it's Castle link live is shutting you down. You'll need to run your program card as a castle-link to turn it off with your pc. I would call 1-800-Traxxas and have customer service run threw it with you until everything is good to go.

RC Enthusiast
    See...This is why I just read threads and rarely comment or put up a post, I brought this combo to go into an Erevo and seen others had done the same so simply asked a question..And..As the combo was out of a XO-1 I asked the same question on their forum not realizing there is a etiquette that must be maintained to get a reply !!
    Txs for the reply BL-BOB but if I knew how to take the both threads down I would....Never again !!!

RC Champion
    I think your getting overly upset. You can use the search function to find what your looking for and if you can't find it go ahead and ask. There are plenty of people here to assist you. Don't get upset because one person has an attitude. Now for your question I wouldn't know because I haven't tried it but I'm sure there is someone here with an answer.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Don't give up yet Mav-7 man. It's not my place to mention multiple posters. My Bad. The XO-1 section had three esc threads, two post down from yours with very similar esc problems.

Are you using the TQI that came with the esc? Maybe erase the app and start with a fresh download all together. Make sure everything is trimmed out to zero on the tx, then re-calibrate the esc to the tx. Turn off CLL after unlocking the speed lock.
    GL2U