Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    What's weights of fluid would work best for the three diffs? Got the HR front and rear and the FLM center. All I need is some advice on the fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    What's weights of fluid would work best for the three diffs? Got the HR front and rear and the FLM center. All I need is some advice on the fluids.
    What are your plans for your truck? Race, bash or a little of both? I am a basher and I have 100,000 in the rear and 50, 000 in the front. I like the added traction I get. You said there is a bmx track on Ignacio? Where at? What days do you go there? Mh wife works in Walnut Creek on Ignacio and North California.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    What are your plans for your truck? Race, bash or a little of both? I am a basher and I have 100,000 in the rear and 50, 000 in the front. I like the added traction I get. You said there is a bmx track on Ignacio? Where at? What days do you go there? Mh wife works in Walnut Creek on Ignacio and North California.
    Little of both. I was told a long time ago to put 100k in ctr. I've heard different opinions on the front and rear. The track is located at corner of Ygnacio and Cowell down the slope of the road on the NE corner of the intersection. Some kids must of made it but its actually pretty nice with some monster jumps that I guess are used for bmx bikes. I try and go to Antioch for open practice each Sunday but often my work prevents me from going. Usually at the bmx track on sat. mornings between 8-11am

RC Racer
    Just installed my front FLM diff case! It looks amazing!

RC Qualifier
    Guys, one of the best post I have read, will take more then one read though for it all to sink in. New to Slash 4X4 and I have bashed the heck out of it, got some noise in the diffs already, so want to get them apart and have a look, hopefully parts like these are easy to find in OZ

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-11-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

My friends, I love seeing the pictures of your upgraded differentials! It is going to be at most two weeks until I am able to do mine! We had to move due to our old apartment was causing my daughter to stay sick. So I am getting my parts list together and am very excited to add my pictures to all of yours! Thank you everyone for being here to help

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Team arsy car View Post
    Guys, one of the best post I have read, will take more then one read though for it all to sink in. New to Slash 4X4 and I have bashed the **** out of it, got some noise in the diffs already, so want to get them apart and have a look, hopefully parts like these are easy to find in OZ
    Most of the parts would be available at some LHS or Australian online sellers, but at a massively increased price to what you can get off ebay or US based online stores.

Where in Aus. are you based?

RC Qualifier
    Live around Gladstone 600km north of you, I have found RC Hobbies Gold Coast but apart from that I have been getting everything out of Victoria (real pain waiting 3-4 days for parts to arrive) I am expecting 3 air bags today, my young fella and I are doing project MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION and project RUSTLER this weekend, we are both looking forward to it heaps. MAX DESTRUCTION will be my 2WD brushless MAD TRUCK, no body work yet, just all suspension upgrading and brushless. My slash 4X4 has had shocks, A-arms and rear stub axle changed for better handling, throwing a Hobbywing motor and ESC in this weekend as the Velieon does run hot on the second battery I've found unless you gear the pinion down. Project SLASH 4X4 MAD MAX VERSION is on the drawing board, getting lots of good help from forum users.

Thanks to everyone.

RC Qualifier
    Check these guys out also...... this is where I got my center diff cup from and never had an issue yet....http://www.fastlanemachine.net/produ...tric+Slash+4x4
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    added the site to favourites for a later look. Just stripped all diffs and changed oils and so far all looks good. Got to look at getting spares in as I am sure you guys are not just modying these things for fun????? OR ARE YOU

Thanks man

RC Racer
    Got a question about the diffs. Over the weekend i was hearing some clicking or grinding sounds ( hard of hearing so not sure) and i went ahead n broke down n clean up the truck. Got to the diffs and took it apart to check on my gears inside and noticed my fluids had leaked out. Went ahead n cleaned it up and put it back together with 50k up front and 30k in the rear. Had to let it sit overnight as i had to work. Got to it the next morning and noticed the fluids had leaked out on the red rag. Opened it up again and barely any left in it. I played around with it and noticed the gear shaft on the cup side is moving back n front a alittle. I have all new seals on it Do we shim the inside too or? Went ahead n order 2 rebuld kit with new fluids as i ran out. I do bash it good with mmm 2650 banging on it. Also order a center diff to try out. Any help would be great as i am kinda stumped at the moment.

RC Racer
    I meant to say, Slides in and out a little not back n forth. Need read proof b4 i post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddzda View Post
    I meant to say, Slides in and out a little not back n forth. Need read proof b4 i post lol.
    May I ask a question? Did you open the differential itself or just the housing? If you opened the differential, you would see the big gear with a plastic bucket on the back of it. The plastic bucket with the spider gears is where you put the fluid in. That shouldn't leak fluid out without running the truck.

RC Racer
    Finally figured out my mistake. I did take the differential apart to clean and replace the fluid. I didn't realized i had taken the washer off one of the gear that go in the cup side. Fix it and now it not leaking. Now off to put together my center diff and put my the back together!

RC Qualifier
    Took the truck out to the local track yesterday after installing all three new alum. diffs. Wow. Truck seems to respond quicker and has a much better transfer of power from motor to wheels. Put 15/30/5 F/C/R in as suggested by one of the members and seems to handle perfectly. The truck even sounds different now? Not in a bad way, just different. The part of I like best that I don't have any of that side to side slop where my MIP's mate up with the diff. in the rear after running a few packs through it. The aluminum casing seems to be holding all those innards in place where they should be. Solid upgrade. Do it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    Took the truck out to the local track yesterday after installing all three new alum. diffs. Wow. Truck seems to respond quicker and has a much better transfer of power from motor to wheels. Put 15/30/5 F/C/R in as suggested by one of the members and seems to handle perfectly. The truck even sounds different now? Not in a bad way, just different. The part of I like best that I don't have any of that side to side slop where my MIP's mate up with the diff. in the rear after running a few packs through it. The aluminum casing seems to be holding all those innards in place where they should be. Solid upgrade. Do it.
    I feel the same way after doing mine.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    I feel the same way after doing mine.
    Alloy housings don't only look cool by the looks of it.
    Changing to 15/30/5 made a massive difference to the handling under power and in corners to my truck as well, heaps more drive now to the front when you need it. I repowered my truck as well and was think of doubling the oil weight but keeping the same ratios.

RC Qualifier
    Ya see? Do it. Pays.

RC Qualifier
    So, if i got these pieces... and put them together need to made any mod for them to fit on the E-REVO?
    Direct fit...?
    amazing...
    how is durability?

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    Got all the parts today: Hot Racing XO-1 Cups and XO-1 Diffs.

Take them aparts:

Replace the cup and fill some diff. fluid, put the screws back, but dont' forget the blue thread locker:

All back toghether nice, and neat:

I think buying the whole diff from XO-1 is better than buying the new parts separately. I got them from DollarHobbyz : http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...car/Categories

Again, Thanks El and all the contributors from this thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    So, if i got these pieces... and put them together need to made any mod for them to fit on the E-REVO?
    Direct fit...?
    amazing...
    how is durability?
    as long as your diffs are true e-revo's then no mod needed, e-revo diff output shafts are 6mm while XO-1 is 5mm.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

This should be a direct fit for the Revo with the use of the 6mm axle shafts! These are XO-1 parts and they all use the same differential. These pictured here have just been made bulletproof! I will hopefully have mine here in a few weeks to show off my build also
    Last edited by El Sob; 04-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.

RC Qualifier
    So have I got this right guys before I order? going to run plastic cups for now until I get ebay account set up so I can get the alloy cups and MIP axles at later date.

E-Max gear set - 6882X
    E-Max carrier - 3978

RC Racer
    I'm glad I read this thread. Last time I took my truck apart for maintenance I noticed the bevel gear in the rear is missing teeth. Now I know exactly what my next set of upgrades will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    Direct fit...?
    amazing...
    how is durability?
    May need to shave off a little of the center pin that holds the spider gears in the center diff, I did. Tight fit.

RC Racer

They were filled with sludge.

Ring gear was missing one tooth and the other gear was missing three.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-04-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: merge
    FLM Rustler

Wow! Can I ask two questions? How old is your truck? What motor system are you running in it? That is the most damage I have ever seen in a differential!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hi def man View Post
    Check these guys out also...... this is where I got my center diff cup from and never had an issue yet....http://www.fastlanemachine.net/produ...tric+Slash+4x4
    Did the weight of the new diff cup slow the druck down? I was looking at doing this upgrade. I am tired of rebuilding every few months.

RC Racer
    Wow! Can I ask two questions? How old is your truck? What motor system are you running in it? That is the most damage I have ever seen in a differential!
    I'd say its a year and a half old. Running mamba monster 2200kv on 4s or 6s. Just got my hot racing diff cups in today, can't wait to put my truck back together. Too bad my back went out last night.
    FLM Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    I'd say its a year and a half old. Running mamba monster 2200kv on 4s or 6s. Just got my hot racing diff cups in today, can't wait to put my truck back together. Too bad my back went out last night.
    did you get the HR diff cup like everyone here does? its nice to have the I bar inside to prevent stripping teeth.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    did you get the HR diff cup like everyone here does? its nice to have the I bar inside to prevent stripping teeth.
    Yup, I got the HR diff cups. Except the gear set I bought don't come with the metal tabs on the outside of the internal gear assembly. I assume it would be fine without then if its good enough for the e revo. Still bothers me.
    FLM Rustler

well you're going to need that end tab unless the HR cup you bought are the older design, what I mean by that is that the new HR cup is design to accept the end tab. also with the old cup you have to round off the I bar's end to fit inside the cup.

looks closely, they are not the same,

photo by Mitch316
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 05-04-2013 at 08:55 PM.

RC Racer
    Good point! I didn't like the idea of them rattling around so I'm ordering the correct gears. Thanks
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Good point! I didn't like the idea of them rattling around so I'm ordering the correct gears. Thanks
    Just remembered the diff rebuild kit has those. only $4
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    well you're going to need that end tab unless the HR cup you bought are the older design, what I mean by that is that the new HR cup is design to accept the end tab. also with the old cup you have to round off the I bar's end to fit inside the cup.

looks closely, they are not the same,

photo by Mitch316
    Thanks for the heads up on the change, good info. The end tabs seemed like a good idea to me as they stop the gear from contacting the diff cup, so it seems sensible to include them in the design of the cup if they come with the gear set.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Team arsy car View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the change, good info. The end tabs seemed like a good idea to me as they stop the gear from contacting the diff cup, so it seems sensible to include them in the design of the cup if they come with the gear set.
    The tabs don't come with the gears. They come with the diff rebuild kit. Well they didn't come with the gears I bought. Rebuild kit part number 3978
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Does anyone know if I put in a center diff with an aluminum case, if it will hold up to 6s?
    FLM Rustler

Does anyone know if I put in a center diff with an aluminum case, if it will hold up to 6s?
    I don't see why it wouldn't. The center differential melts due to the plastic of the case getting hot. I had a friend run his on 6s with the HR aluminum case and he has yet to have any problems with it.

I think it would work super well as long as you use the alu cups and put it together well dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    I don't see why it wouldn't. The center differential melts due to the plastic of the case getting hot. I had a friend run his on 6s with the HR aluminum case and he has yet to have any problems with it.
    The only hot racing center diff I found was a one way diff. I don't think that will work for me. it cuts your braking down to two wheels.
    FLM Rustler

The only hot racing center diff I found was a one way diff. I don't think that will work for me. it cuts your braking down to two wheels.
    I am sorry. He had the FLM aluminum differential cup not Hot Racing. I apologise if my error caused anyone any troubles. He has had that differential cup for quite some time. I don't know what kind of maintenance he does to it but it has been solid for a long while.