Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Are the HR cups using 3mm screws now or are they 2.5 like stock?

RC Competitor
    I just rebuilt my diffs and put 50K front and 30K rear. It seems like this is a good starting point but I am running the slipper clutch which from what I understand does not give you a good representation of these fluid weights. I did notice a big improvment on high speed sweeping turns as I can enter with good speed and continouly apply more throttle while have traction with only a slight amout of rear wheel push.

RC Racer
    Diff cup. Xo1 and erevo to 3978
    Diff gear set xo1 and erevo 6882x
    Ring gear slash 4x4 xo1 5379x front and 6879 rear

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC Qualifier
    I thought the front and read gears of slash are identical? Have Traxxas changed them recently?

RC Racer
    If your talking about the ring gear. That goes on the back of the diff cup. Then yeah or at least they just changed the pn for the front and back. But heres the pn 5379x f 6879 r

I mashed my rear diff so i used the i bar from the revo diff gear set part no.5382x and since then no worries and the diff cup does not warp or wear ....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I mashed my rear diff so i used the i bar from the revo diff gear set part no.5382x and since then no worries and the diff cup does not warp or wear ....peace
    So what you are saying is, you used only the bar in the stock differential and it fit without and binding or other problems putting it back together and I works perfectly?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Yes and it has done for about 14 months and it took 6 months of vxl power and 8 months of tenshock 3500kv on 3s abuse and its still smooth as silk....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-6882...item5ae8f5260d will drop right into your slash 4x4, Rally 1/10, or pede 4x4 diff cup but the spider pin is not secured with the metal holder. XO-1 cup is molded differently to allow the metal piece to go in.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-6882...item5ae8f5260d will drop right into your slash 4x4, Rally 1/10, or pede 4x4 diff cup but the spider pin is not secured with the metal holder. XO-1 cup is molded differently to allow the metal piece to go in.
    I got you. And the spider pin helps it to not move around. Ok, I think I am still going to go with the original plan. I want something as close to bulletproof as I can get!

you got it, that end piece keeps it together. with the stock cup the pin is only craddled in and not supported, later on it'll start to wear out.

RC Qualifier
    I just added the I-beam brace with my first diff oil change. Held up great so far, with 3-4 months on it. Stock Electronics, but always heavy bashing with 3s and 2.8 trenchers. Just changed fluid today, and all looks good.

i said it before and i'll say it again...the bullet proof setup is the flm cups with the revo crossbrace. i built a set today. Granted, the machining of the flm stuff is so exact that it does tend to run on the tight side, all i had to do was run the pin over a file a couple of times and it's like butter. this is the 4th set i've built. for me and customers. it really is the way to go if you ever deceide to go with more power.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

The revo i bar goes into stock diffs and the spider pin fits in the middle hole and the other two holes allow grease or diff oil to flow through sweet as a nut and i would say they are bulletproof the only way to make them even tougher would be to use aluminium diff cups as well ....peace

i look at it this way......, slash4x4, 1/10 rally, pede4x4 stock diff GOOD, XO-1 diff BETTER, aluminum cup with I bar BEST.

i look at it this way......, slash4x4, 1/10 rally, pede4x4 stock diff GOOD, XO-1 diff BETTER, aluminum cup with I bar BEST.
    Cannot argue with that! I have ran that same differential cup for over three years! At least two years of that was run with the 2400 system on 4s! If I can make it so it lasts for almost the life of the truck, I have no qualms with that.

RC Racer
    I know what your saying el sob. Im going to my lhs and buing the diff mod there. And at the same time buying the hr diff and have to wait for them to come in.

Thanks dude when my diff dies i will upgrade to XO-1 diffs and by the way i have been watching your youtube channel and it rocks....peace

RC Qualifier
    I just got the revo diffs and new spider gears yesterday, still waitin on those HR diffs. Wish they made an alum. housing to put them in?

I have to wait just a couple more days to be able to order my parts. I have a spare differential that I have on the truck that is working well. I still want to be bulletproof

RC Champion
    For anyone else like me following this and going huh? FLM is fast lane machine took me a minute to find em and it looks like the ticket. Is there any issue with the steel gear shaft and billet cup as far as galling from tolerance or heat? What about the steel gear shaft wearing on the cup causing fluid leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    For anyone else like me following this and going huh? FLM is fast lane machine took me a minute to find em and it looks like the ticket. Is there any issue with the steel gear shaft and billet cup as far as galling from tolerance or heat? What about the steel gear shaft wearing on the cup causing fluid leaks?
    I replied to your pm. no diff leaks, just don't forget to seal it with the existing gasket. I've beat on mine since FLM came out with them and have never replaced any gears or had any leaks. they're issue free for me. hope that helps Steve.

RC Racer
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...of-quot-Review

check this review out about diff cups

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I replied to your pm. no diff leaks, just don't forget to seal it with the existing gasket. I've beat on mine since FLM came out with them and have never replaced any gears or had any leaks. they're issue free for me. hope that helps Steve.
    Got it and THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Got it and THANK YOU.
    glad to help

RC Champion
    With some help from vxlrocket I got the billet cups and all parts ordered tonight so as soon as I get every thing installed I will let you know how it works from a bashers perspective with a HEAVY trigger finger. I can't wait. I have a about a year on my truck so it will be ALL new gears to start.

RC Competitor
    Other than the diff cup, what other parts are you guys ordering? I ordered two diff cups and an aluminum center diff. Am I missing something awesome to add to the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    Other than the diff cup, what other parts are you guys ordering? I ordered two diff cups and an aluminum center diff. Am I missing something awesome to add to the mix?
    after the billet cups you need (2) TRA5382X ... you'll use your slash 4x4 diff output shafts that are attached to the spider gear on the left and right side and use the FLM pin that was included to thread the crossbrace with the 2 revo gears to form the diff. the pin will need to be filed down slightly. FLM machines their stuff so precisely that the fitment is sometimes too tight. it only takes a couple of minutes to do. that's all.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info rocket! I will get to the computer right now and order what I don't have!

no prob, glad to help

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info! I just ordered the last two items!

Let me ask a favor of everyone doing the modified differential. Could you all post pictures of your builds. Unfortunately I have to wait a little longer than expected to get the parts and I would enjoy seeing everyone's progress

RC Racer
    http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...psde8804e1.jpg
    Heres the diff cup and gears. Sorry so blury
    http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6631f122.jpg
    This is just to see my beater all apart.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Let me ask a favor of everyone doing the modified differential. Could you all post pictures of your builds. Unfortunately I have to wait a little longer than expected to get the parts and I would enjoy seeing everyone's progress
    I would love to but am a retard at posting pics (never done it have no idea how).

+1 Me too dude i have only got into computers so i can learn more about rcs and bashing and ordering parts....peace

RC Champion
    Anyone got parts yet? All my stuff is in transit can't wait to get my hands on the billet cups.

RC Racer
    heres a cup and spider gears. I have 2 of them.

my beater all apart after a wot 3s into a rock.

I didn't get the hr diffs. I'm just using the traxxas diffs for the xo1 and erevo. I think they will last a while.
    Last edited by gofastandbeatit; 03-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    heres a cup and spider gears. I have 2 of them.

my beater all apart after a wot 3s into a rock.

I didn't get the hr diffs. I'm just using the traxxas diffs for the xo1 and erevo. I think they will last a while.
    Wow! You have your truck torn down! That is good, I usually tear mine down at least once a year to clean and lubricate things. Thanks for the pics! Keep them coming please

RC Champion
    Are the diff output's the same size on the XO-1 and slash 4x4? My diff's are fine but this is a nice strong mod for them.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Yes dude the same size as your slash 4x4 so now you can have bulletproof diffs......peace