RC Competitor

Turning problems and a wheel that is always turned

So here is my T maxx, it's a old 2006, 2.5, with a almost brand new 3.3 put in only 8 months ago, with new tires upgraded from the old 3.2 chevron style ones for better on, and offroad capability.

As you can see, one of the wheels is turned inwards, and I can't figure out why. I've tried adjusting, fuddling, turning, and nothing seems to fix it.

Got any ideas on what may be the problem, if it's the tire itself, if I bent something, what may need replacing?

Took the best photos I could think of without taking it really apart. If you want any other particular photos, please don't hesitate to ask.

RC Qualifier
    Try backing the pillow balls (swivels) out till you just see threads. See how close it is then.

Last edited by Oldrcguy; 04-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.

RC Competitor
    So the second set of screws inside the arm, after I remove that first set with the Allen wrench?

RC Qualifier
    Right, but you don't have to remove the larger screw in parts. Just level out the arms and reach inside, through the outer screw in collers with an allen wrench. Can't remember what size it is, and screw each back out until the threads just start to show. I usually reach through the wheels with the arms level and adjust them. They control the camber of the wheel.

RC Competitor
    Ok, I had acutally taken the wheel off, prior to your post, put it back on, did as you suggested. (already knew the two sizes I have a almost all sizes kit on hand) Here is what it looks like now.

RC Qualifier
    Nice, looks right to me. Over screwing the pillow blocks in is a simple mistake to make. The reason you leave just the threads showing is, so you have room to adjust the camber without screwing the hefty non threaded part into the arm and flaring the arm end. Sometimes I'll adjust the toe in this way as well, when it's not off much, when the chamber is already off a little as well.

RC Competitor
    Alright, cool.

One other question.

I remember, via a google search I came across a thread on these forums, a guy had modded his black 2.5 tranny to be a 3 speed.

A) Is that poster still around these forums
    B) could I get him, or anyone else here, if i were to ship and pay for parts and labor, get them to mod my 2 speed tranny into a 3 speed?

Seems silly but I'd like a 3 speed with 2 fairly low shift points. I don't plan to race, and it would well for myself personally sound so much juicer to hear this little F-1 sounding truck, shift twice as it barrels down the road.

It was this thread in particular http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...eed-conversion

RC Qualifier
    Snook would know how to do this...Hey Snook lol.

RC Competitor
    Well if Snook is still around I'd love it if he could PM me, if he'd be willing to do the conversion on my Tmaxx tranny. I don't have the parts or the tools to do all the things he did. Obviously I'd trust him to do it, pay for all the parts, his time and shipping. Just..it would be nice.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, he's here somewhere lol.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    i wouldnt mess with the three speed trans like snook made, if you want more speed its easier to just adjust your spur/pinion's...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Competitor
    The thing is, the more speed would be kinda fun, sure. I just want the 3 speed shifting inofitself. The simple fact of hearing my Tmaxx shift twice as it flies down the road would be the most satisfying thing for me.

Sounds dumb I am sure, but to each their own. If I wanted more speed I'd step up my engine, gearing, or switch to electric.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzum111 View Post
    The thing is, the more speed would be kinda fun, sure. I just want the 3 speed shifting inofitself. The simple fact of hearing my Tmaxx shift twice as it flies down the road would be the most satisfying thing for me.

Sounds dumb I am sure, but to each their own. If I wanted more speed I'd step up my engine, gearing, or switch to electric.
    ok i wasnt sure why else youd want it but for higher top speed... my buddies savage has a 3-speed, it is neat to hear it shift twice....

i just figure its more to go wrong inside the trans... i love a one-speed like in my 1/8th buggy, dude when its at top rpm it sounds like a indy car...
    Last edited by kuskye25; 04-05-2013 at 09:03 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yes but the savage has a 3 speed becuase the stock engine sucks on the low end. The 3.3 traxxas engine does not have that problem, so a 3 speed would just be fun to have.

Just a matter of hoping that Snook get's on, sees this and messages me, or maybe I should message him about it.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-05-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzum111 View Post
    Yes but the savage has a 3 speed becuase the stock engine sucks on the low end. The 3.3 traxxas engine does not have that problem, so a 3 speed would just be fun to have.

Just a matter of hoping that Snook get's on, sees this and messages me, or maybe I should message him about it.
    well the savage is a heavy truck, trust me its engine is far from weak thats why i bought a mgt8.0cc so i can monster around in a 13lbs truck and still pop wheelies... yeah just message snook he may be off for the night...

i love all engines and manufactures... so we wont get into a savage debate, i was just saying yes i hear the double shifts all the time it is neat...
    Last edited by Double G; 04-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yea, and I am thinking about my next RC, won't be a nitro or electric I am thinking a 1/5th scale gas buggy, or somesuch, maybe a baja 5b SS thing looks like a power house.

Either way, thank you all for the help, I'll keep you guys updated.

RC Qualifier
    You're most welcome, please do keep us updated. Oh, make sure you put fresh batteries in it before running. Too many "run away" threads lately lol.

RC Competitor
    It's really funny you mention that, I had that issue earlier while running, ran it into the small crows of adults watching me. (I'm 21..there..ya know "adults"... older than I.

Replaced the battiers, good as new, was sorta spooked it might be a servo issue. It wasn't thank god.

RC Qualifier
    If you still have the older A.M. radio then I would suggest an external failsafe. I bumped up to 2.4 so now I have just the built in "neutral" failsafe which is much less effective.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Competitor
    Ok with the last of my fuel I did a fun little run with 1 last tank of fuel before I buy more. Leaned it almost a 1/4th turn and still getting performance boosts. I was still running VERY rich nearly break in settings apparently.

I am still turning to the left, constantly. no amount of trim adjustment fixes this problem. Not only that but it does not want to turn right, and I have to hold it going partly right to keep it straight, why is it doing this?

RC Qualifier
    Did you adjust your camber and toe and alignment? Once that is done take the servo horn off the steering servo..
    Set the front wheels straight.. Turn on the truck this will zero the servo..
    With the servo at 0 and wheels straight put the servo horn back on the servo..
    Your steering should be set up..
    Where It's All RC

RC Competitor
    I don't mean to sound like a noob but do do I adjust the camber and toe alignment?

RC Qualifier
    Click on support at the top of the page.. There is ton of info.
    Start doing some homework..
    You have to learn the basics before things like 3spd transmissions and mods..
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 04-07-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Where It's All RC