RC Qualifier

new to lipo's??????

hey guys i know this might not be the right place to post this but i need lipo help, specifically what is a really good brand of batteries to start off with, price isn't really an issue i was looking at the "MaxAmps" batteries wondering if they're any good http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-8000-74-DC-Pack.htm .... im looking to run them in my emaxx with stock evx-2 without lvd for now... i believe i can pick up a lvd accessory right?

i just want a good brand that will have good performance and run-times

any help is greatly appreciated
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Champion
    Check out SPC I got 4 of thier soft case 3S for my slash 4X4 and love em. Just a basher here about 20 cycles or uses so far on all and NO problems. Make sure to balance everytime no matter what brand.

RC Qualifier
    I just wanna know pros and cons on the batteries I've asked about and any others out there, lets not turn this into biased posting please

Then you should have asked that you wanted the pros/cons of the linked batteries. You were given a recommendation based upon your request of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann117elite View Post
    specifically what is a really good brand of batteries to start off with,

i just want a good brand that will have good performance and run-times
    SPC's are good packs. Maxamps have been known to be overpriced and hyped up.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Everyone always says you get what you pay for in lipos so are the spc actually good even though they're cheaper

RC Qualifier
    SPC, SMC, gens ace all good packs. Pretty much in order from my opinion from best to worst. SPC good packs, good service, usually in stock. SMC good packs, good service sometimes in stock because people love em so much. Gens ace are also good but they are starting to get beat out by companies like spc etc. now, to maxamps please don't waste your money. First off, they are overpriced and not bad packs but again they are overpriced. Second even if they do have the supposedly super high c rated (which has been proved wrong) that esc/motor will need/take it all so it is not needed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Maxamps is VERY well known to wildly overrate their packs and charge rediculous prices for batteries that perform at best, on par, with packs often 1/5 their price. Buying Maxamps is like flushing money right down the toilet.

SPC makes packs that OUT perform their ratings. %99.9 of people who have purchased and used SPC packs LOVE them and will never buy anything else. Im one of them.

You do get what you pay for in general, but its not a rule. Sometimes you get more than what you pay for sometimes you get less. Maxamps gives you much less than what you pay for. SPC gives you MORE than what you pay for. Companies like Gens Ace give you pretty much exactly what you pay for IMO. There are are other quality packs out there but in general youll pay alot more than you need to for packs that perform at best, as well as an SPC pack does.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Maxamps is VERY well known to wildly overrate their packs and charge rediculous prices for batteries that perform at best, on par, with packs often 1/5 their price. Buying Maxamps is like flushing money right down the toilet.

SPC makes packs that OUT perform their ratings. %99.9 of people who have purchased and used SPC packs LOVE them and will never buy anything else. Im one of them.

You do get what you pay for in general, but its not a rule. Sometimes you get more than what you pay for sometimes you get less. Maxamps gives you much less than what you pay for. SPC gives you MORE than what you pay for. Companies like Gens Ace give you pretty much exactly what you pay for IMO. There are are other quality packs out there but in general youll pay alot more than you need to for packs that perform at best, as well as an SPC pack does.

Very well said.
    Agree 100%
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.