RC Competitor

Anyone know if the Traxxas Blue Eagle gear cover will fit the Traxxas Eagle???

I need a gear cover (lost mine somewhere along the way). I've been looking for a few months but haven't found any. Saw this just popped up on Ebay. I see the mounting screws are on the outside lip of the cover unlike the orignal Traxxas Eagle that uses a single pin clip to hold it on. Will the general size of this thing fit the gears and I can cut a little hole in it to use the clip mount? Or should I just wait until I find the exact cover I need? Anyone know? I'd rather not completely waste 15 bucks if I don't have to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Trax...item53f6060dab

The traxxas eagle, blue eagle ls, hawk2, rad2, ls2 and SRT use the same transmission and gear cover and uses the part you linked. Now you can also use the traxxas rustler,bandit,slash and stampede gear cover and all you need is a black shock washer(usually comes with any ultra shock shock tree in the new rtrs) where the top screw mounts so it fills the space and allows the gear cover to sit flush. But from what you're telling me you have a hawk which uses 1886 bc that gear cover to held by a body clip.

Is this what you're looking for?
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=70221800344

I'm sorry if I'm confusing. But I'm jus going by the part support page on the traxxas eagle and it states the eagle uses the same transmission has the other 272 magnum transmission. Farther research shows some of the first eagle came with the setup you discrbe. From what I seem it looks like it share the transmission with the bullet and radicator. The part number for the gear cover is #1686.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-10-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: merge
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, he's talking about the very first Eagle, with the Bullet tranny...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-My-Eagle-1901

He needs part # 1686...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    Thanks you guys. Someone bought the cover in my link. I ended up buying the one in the link Emaxx posted. Looks like it'll work. We'll see.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Yes, he's talking about the very first Eagle, with the Bullet tranny...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-My-Eagle-1901

He needs part # 1686...

Is that your Ealge in the link? That thing looks great. I kind've went the other direction with mine and started putting Rustler/Pede parts on it to make it more reliable and user friendly. Changed out the whole ESC and motor to the brushed traxxas system, changed out the front a-arms, hubs, etc. and the rear a-arms with billet and replaced the hubs running gear and all to be able to run rustler/pede wheels on it. Thing boogies now, is way more reliable and is great fun. Even slapped a stock stampede body on it. Runs great but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the gears go. They're original.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-11-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisistank View Post
    Is that your Ealge in the link?
    Yes it is... Looking forward to see pics from your build...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm afraid the gear cover for the Sledgehammer is not the same as in the Bullet/Eagle, it could work but I don't think so...

RC Competitor
    Yes it is... Looking forward to see pics from your build...

I would love to post pics but don't belong to any of the host sites....I just wish the forums here would get with the times and allow pics to be posted directly to the site.

Regarding the cover...Hopefully I can make it fit somehow. If you come across another cover for the original Eagle, let me know. I need a new front bumper too. I've found thatall the original plastic pieces on the car have become extremly brittle over the past 20 years. I've broken nearly every piece of the old white plastic parts since dusting it off and having my son play with it (thus the update to newer parts).

So, yea, I need a new bumper. There's one on ebay but its 40 bucks...I don't think so!

You know if any of the other car bumpers fit the screw holes for the eagle? I noticed theyre' wider spaced than the pede or rustler.
    Last edited by Thisistank; 03-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.

RC Competitor
    Never mind, I see I can post pics via tapa talk. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow when I'm home.

RC Competitor
    I'm afraid the gear cover for the Sledgehammer is not the same as in the Bullet/Eagle, it could work but I don't think so...

You were right. Didn't work. Anyone need one?

Still looking for a gear cover and a front bumper.

RC Champion
    I might have a spare Bullet gear cover and possibly a decent used white bumper in one of my parts boxes but I'll have to go rooting thru them and check. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I'm almost certain that I've got a spare black Hawk2 front bumper, if you want a tougher front bumper than the old white ones?
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Champion
    Darn, I was sure that I had a spare Bullet gear cover but after a major search I didn't find it, the only thing I can think of is that it may have have been sold to a fellow site member with a bunch of other Bullet parts a couple of years ago. Sorry for getting your hopes up for nothing!

And the only white bumper that I found isn't exactly white any more either. It has been dyed red.

But I do have a decent spare black Hawk2 front bumper that I could spare,let me know if you are interested.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR MARV View Post
    Darn, I was sure that I had a spare Bullet gear cover but after a major search I didn't find it, the only thing I can think of is that it may have have been sold to a fellow site member with a bunch of other Bullet parts a couple of years ago. Sorry for getting your hopes up for nothing!

And the only white bumper that I found isn't exactly white any more either. It has been dyed red.

But I do have a decent spare black Hawk2 front bumper that I could spare,let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks for looking for me. I sent you a PM.

Tank

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Competitor
    Bought it!

Thanks.