Thread: plzz help

traxxas emaxx

plzz help

hello all, my friend accidently plugged in a different battery on accident into his qr-1 and the polarity was switched. is there any way to reverse the polarity? when he plugs his freshly charged battery it will go for a couple seconds then the lvd lights will come on and it will just keep doing that PLEASE HELP!!!!

RC Competitor
    The doubt QR-1 polarity was switched.
    For that to be true it would still fly with the wrong battery but not anymore with the right battery.
    If that happens it would be pretty amazing....

It is far more likely that by plugin in the wrong battery he fried his QR-1 main board so no battery will work.

My son made the same mistake with the demo QR-1 they have at work. He plugged a HeliMax battery into it . The QR-1 flew for a few seconds then went nuts. The QR-1 still works fine when the correct battery is plugged in.

You could pup the wires out of the plastic connector on the battery and swap them around to correct the polarity. If you do this make sure you do the same on the charger as well. Probably best to just use the right battery with the correct polarity.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

traxxas emaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    My son made the same mistake with the demo QR-1 they have at work. He plugged a HeliMax battery into it . The QR-1 flew for a few seconds then went nuts. The QR-1 still works fine when the correct battery is plugged in.

You could pup the wires out of the plastic connector on the battery and swap them around to correct the polarity. If you do this make sure you do the same on the charger as well. Probably best to just use the right battery with the correct polarity.
    i tried it bit as soon as i plug it in the blades start spinning

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas emaxx View Post
    i tried it bit as soon as i plug it in the blades start spinning
    Most likely the reversed polarity has damaged the circuit board. Time to call Traxxas and see about getting it repaired or replaced.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power