Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Yes I did, Took a long time to find one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    I heard the 5.9 isn't good but the 4.6 is.
    I'm not too sure, hes had a lot of nitro's so knows how to tune them very good I can remember watching him changing pistons and sleeves in race buggies. I wish i had the money and time to really get into the nitro's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Yes I did, Took a long time to find one!

I'm not too sure, hes had a lot of nitro's so knows how to tune them very good I can remember watching him changing pistons and sleeves in race buggies. I wish i had the money and time to really get into the nitro's.
    I got a MGT but I have you to get it to idle right. New to nitro its pretty tricky but on another forum they said it could be my low speed adjust is too rich or too lean that can affect idle. Also AMain carrys those servo covers, wish they would just make one for the e-revo.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Got some packages show up today. I opened one box i was late for work, i'm on the night shift now.

Its my F-11 wheels that where on backorder but showed up before my main order that was in stock.

Trenchers might be in one of the other boxes if not my tracking says one more package will show in tomorrow or the next day.

I also put on my Dusty motor shroud, should help keep the truck clean and help with water getting on my Servo. I'll get the hitec waterproofed in the next few days. I got a week to wait before i even get my shocks thanks to a mess up in shipping and not including them in the box.

My Axial EXO should be done soon as well. and I may start on a Slash 4x4 got a $1000 budget from insurance. TRCE/Tekin RX8/Pro4HD

RC Champion
    those f-11's look sweet!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    So your insurance got all sorted out then? Did you ever update your thread in the alley? Nice truck by the way! Sorry bout the fire!
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    I don't have insurance figured out completely yet but i couldn't wait any longer and needed to have some RC's

RC Qualifier
    Was your shroud a little too long? My Dusty is perhaps 1.5-2cm too long and the corners have to be bent upwards:

RC Qualifier
    mine was too long also i just made a small crimp in the corners. other than that it fits great.

RC Qualifier
    Here is my mounted wheel sets.

Badlands for dirt track and clay bashing at the BMX track

Sandpaws for the dunes and sand pit

Trenchers for gravel pits and bashing.

All tires are mounted on 1/2" offset wheels. these F-11 wheels are beefy! they look a lot stronger than the Geodes.

The trencher look awesome on the F-11 Wheels!!! they match perfect, like they are suppose to be mated. I've also got some Red Bead rings coming for the geodes. I might do another set of geodes in black with blue rings and mount some response tires on them or something that i could use on my Summit once i get it. (seggestions welcomes)

Its just the boring part now waiting on parts. I missed a few here and there, its my first 1/10 Revo build and missing parts which suck.
    Last edited by Maxx_Adam; 04-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.

RC Champion
    those f-11's look killer on those trenchers
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Yeah mate...looking good. Well done .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    To my amazement my shocks arrived today. I now have almost everything to complete my truck. I just need the shock mounts and a few small parts. What shock oil should I use? I'm guessing it will be heavier than in my old emaxx or slash's. I have 40, 45, 55, and 60 wt oils.

RC Champion
    To my amazement my shocks arrived today. I now have almost everything to complete my truck. I just need the shock mounts and a few small parts. What shock oil should I use? I'm guessing it will be heavier than in my old emaxx or slash's. I have 40, 45, 55, and 60 wt oils.
    I and a few others use 80 wt. It works good fro me but 60 should be good too.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I find 70 wt to be ideal for me. I tried 40 and it was just too loose.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I just picked up some 70. I'm going to use summit springs. I just got to figure out all the spring rates, I have 4 sets of springs and can't remeber which is which, I have yellow,purple, and blue i think.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I just picked up some 70. I'm going to use summit springs. I just got to figure out all the spring rates, I have 4 sets of springs and can't remeber which is which, I have yellow,purple, and blue i think.
    I jump a lot and have mine set up with 70 wt and the purple in the rear and pink up front. It's stiff but takes jumps well. I have redone my shocks about 10 times playing with different setups and for me this is the best. I also have the arm in the inner most hole in the rear and middle up front. This gives me a level stance.

RC Qualifier
    What rockers are you using? I have the P1 rockers on and i'm all in the inner most hole, Highest ground clearance. Its a monster revo not a truggy. some people say the revo's don't work as a monster truck but the 3.3 is and its plain sick, it can only get better with brushless power! Next month I may start my Revo build with a picco .26

I'll have to run the truck without bumpers, They where on backorder and I had to get the rest of my order shipped because i need my shock mounts that i forgot to order. so hopefully that ships monday and the hobby shop is only 500km away so thats not too bad i should see parts by monday or tuesday the latest!

RC Qualifier
    What rockers are you using? I have the P1 rockers on and i'm all in the inner most hole, Highest ground clearance. Its a monster revo not a truggy. some people say the revo's don't work as a monster truck but the 3.3 is and its plain sick, it can only get better with brushless power! Next month I may start my Revo build with a picco .26

I'll have to run the truck without bumpers, They where on backorder and I had to get the rest of my order shipped because i need my shock mounts that i forgot to order. so hopefully that ships monday and the hobby shop is only 500km away so thats not too bad i should see parts by monday or tuesday the latest!
    I am using the stock ones that the RTR comes with. I think P2.

RC Qualifier
    why does my steering blocks pull in when the suspension compresses. mine almost go to full lock out on full compression?

I just soldered on my BEC and set it for 7.4 volts, on the ESC I cut the red wire correct? I've lost my paper that came with the BEC and on the MM2 there is no disable function for the BEC, i Think there should be tho i don't want to cut the wire so what i'll do is use an extension wire and cut the red on that. That way i'll also have an outside of the RX box connection for easy programming.

RC Qualifier
    This is what i have done so far.

RC Qualifier
    I bought the hot racing motor mount i didn't realize it was for the dual motors. O well I'll use it for now and maybe sell it once i get a single motor one.

This one screw hole was not counter sunk so I had to so it my self.

All mounted up.

Now to clean this mess up

I've ordered Deans connectors, they seem to be the smallest and fool proof to plug in.

RC Qualifier
    A little sneak peak. Wow those trenchers are huge.

RC Champion
    WOAH, those trenchers look alot bigger than mine do. Is there a new 1/5th scale version?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Those are huge and that truck looks beautiful!
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    I finally got everything done and my ESC is dead, I plugged in my batteries and nothing happened. The MM2 didn't even beep and the LEDs are very faint. not sure whats on the go. I have the + and - wired to each battery respectively and the + and - of each battery connected together so its all in series.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Make sure the Esc wire is plugged correctly (-/+) into the ch2 on the RX.

RC Qualifier
    Dummy. I forgot that Traxxas RX's have 2 Channel 1 ports for 2 steering servos. So that was the problem.

So anyone considering the MM2, I recommend it for for broken parts!! this thing is fast!!! I have 20/62 I believe. what ever spur that is less included thats smaller than the 68.

Just like my first run with the Axial EXO I broke it in less than 10 mins. For some reason I has ordered aluminum pillow balls. Smashed one off in the top a arm right away.

The Hitec 7954SH is powerful, I have the MM2 BEC used i took off the external BEC troubleshooting but i'm not going to need it. with 7.0v feeding the RX the steering is fast so fast the spring in the steering saver can't hold tight enough. its like 3 times the power of the dual 2075's. I'll never buy a savox again. Although my slash and EXO's don't have this crazy steering speed.

Now i Have to buy a screw extractor set to get the pillow ball out of the a arm it broke on the inside. and hopefully my Hot racing Ti pillow balls get here soon.

PS. I was using the small badlands when it broke.

RC Qualifier
    So the 7954sh runs good with no external BEC?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tjtoed View Post
    So the 7954sh runs good with no external BEC?
    The 7954 and the 7950 should be fine no matter what but if you have a V3 MMM or a MM2 you can change the BEC with Link.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Yes. I changed the bec to 7v and I have 2 fans running. No problem. Id never consider a savox at all.

RC Qualifier
    Here is a really bad picture of hitting the BMX jumps with my EREVO.

I just glued a pillow ball back in the arm. I got around 10 minutes out of it until a little nose heavy landing.

RC Champion
    Sweet, got any close ups of it all finished?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    its not finsihed yet, still waiting on my summit bumpers. I got to anxious and took it out. But i'll get some later on for sure. I'm going back to the jumps today,

RC Qualifier
    Center diff is awesome. The truck will climb 100x better. My buddy has a Revo 3.3 and another has an Emaxx with Tekin T8 sensored combo, They both flip climbing this steep hill, unless they get speed.

The MM2 is soooo SMOOTH its like a sensored motor. A lot better than my old mamba. I had zero cogging. I was going over rough ground and up steep hills its almost like a summit i love the smoothness. I used need to make the diffs tighter. I might take out the 500K and add ofna diff lock or something. I might even get a summit roller and put an MM2 in it.

Tire comparison. I was in Pure sand, Hard clay with soft patchs, Wet sand, Mud, Hard rough ground(a lot of trucks drove over)

Badlands:

Very good all around tire. not too good in pure sand. but did great in the hard wet sand and clay. Truck handled great and did not wheelie and i had good control and good steering response. Also these ballooned the least!

Slingshot:

Amazing in sand! even worked great in the hard clay but and really well in the soft patches. They are harder to control and higher speeds but in soft sand they work just as good as anyother tire in normal dirt. Best part was the ten foot long roosts. these tires have so much grip you need a center diff or the truck just ends up on the roof.

Trenchers:

Wow amazing grip. took a little while to get use to. I found it was harder to get hard acceleration and good control at the er same time. these also balooned a little at speeds. They gripped every surface like glue and the added clearance was great when i went on the trail over sticks and bumper ground. I liked the badlands better for larger jumps but these made it much easier to backflip. I could come off the lip and just let go of the trigger and the truck would flip and land. I bet I could of done double backflips with these tires. They will be best with a locked or close to diffs and a good slipping center. I'm also dropping 2 teeth on the pinion from 22 to 20. the MM2 still works like its a sensored motor. Very impressed.

Pictures. After 1 battery pack

RC Qualifier
    SandTires

Another pack done. This dusty motors shroud is Great!!!!

Trencher time.

My favorite spot for RC and Bike.

6 batteries dead after 2 hours or soo and the a arms are full of dirt and the inside is clean!!

A few more notes,

The hot racing heat sink motor mount and plate does dissipate heat. both got hot, just as hot as the motor. I like the added room of the dual motor mount gives more room to dissipate the heat.

And the badlands are my favorite all around tire due to the fact i can accelerate hard and hit a jump spot on each time. its a little harder with the other tires,

RC Qualifier
    Just a few updates.

I bought a spektrum DX3C for the Revo i'm going to use the TQi on my emaxx build which is starting now.

One thing i noticed the servo throws farther than what it needs to and i needed to reduce the travel to 80% in both directions. the exponetial steering is great as well. I love this TX its easy to use. only complaints is that the throttle trigger is lighter than i'm use to and the steering is stiffer but i'm getting use to it.

I also added an Aluminum STRC single arm steering saver i've noticed that my steering is tighter in one direction than the other. the truck tracks fairly straight while the steering trim is at 0 What are you guys using for a servo arm? I just have the stock Hitec arm with the link on the 3rd hole in from the end.

RC Qualifier
    Added some Tekno sway bars, much better. these are stiff! i may have to put in the soft bar.

I also made a rear chassis brace. This is a must my rear bulk only lasted an hour. I also hot glued the diff in aswell.

Had a nice surprise on my front CVD. These are not very old at all, my stocks lasted longer than these.

RC Qualifier
    I got two much needed upgrades today.

HPP 17mm wheel hexs, the traxxas ones are getting real sloppy, and I got the rear motor brace, i noticed it the motor had some flex so I figured the motor brace would come in handy.

And another CVD problem this time its a bent shaft. This erevo is turning into the least reliable truck i've ever owned and i've been taking it easy on it. I'm usually either no throttle to full throttle all the time, I don't need an ESC just a switch. but this erevo wouldn't last ten minitues if i drove like that.

The a arms on the a revo are a lot longer than on the emaxx and they also flex a lor more. i was comparing the a arms of both trucks while i was waiting to go to work and the revo ones flex a lot more. Thinking back over the day I did have a landing where the front right wheel hit first so i'm thinking both arms flexed outward and of course the CVD bent.

I've hit a culvert with my T-maxx going pretty fast and smashed off both a arms and the cvd never bent its only an inward force that can really bent it.

RC Qualifier
    I've also retired the Trecher tires they are just way too big the truck flips a lot more and its a lot harder to jump. although the traction is great and it handles bumps better. I may end up getting some shockwave tires and save the trenchers for when i get a Summit.

The HPP products are great mate...they have made a noticeable difference when bashing my truck around. looking good, nice.
    Rock n Rolla !