17mm hex.

Order two
    TRX CVD's
    Badlands on desperados
    Dubro Body Pins
    MM2 and 2200
    RPM True Track
    Hitec 7954SH

I was wondering about a steering servo I was looking at GH servo saver with single servo Arm.

I was also thinking on the Hot racing rockers as they are adjustable and come with TI push rods. but i didn't notice any steering rods so I might get all stock TRX P1 rockers and pushrods does anyone have part numbers for the Aluminum or some better than stock rods???

RC Champion
    You should dye the chassis black.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Probably 5338r for the toe links
    I have the Hr adjustable rockers. I use the middle settings and strc servo saver with their single arm

RC Qualifier
    Ok will they work for the steering ill lookinto the strc I forgotthey make parts for the revo

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Be cheaper to get the strc for the dual servo and just cut one side off. Because they don't sell the single arm with the aluminum servo saver for some reason! I bought both

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Be cheaper to get the strc for the dual servo and just cut one side off. Because they don't sell the single arm with the aluminum servo saver for some reason! I bought both
    Thats kinda annoying. Side question what shock mounts are you using? STRC?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have Hr shock mounts

RC Qualifier
    I'll get the STRC, I may even get the STRC axle carrier while i'm at it. I have stock shock mounts on my build.

I've got 5338R to steer with and 5318X for push rods
    Last edited by Maxx_Adam; 03-10-2013 at 12:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    So STRC servo saver and mount are out of stock. but i did get the axle carrier, I also have ordered P1 and LT rockers to see which i like best. i've also got bearings to go with it.

P1 are optional racing rockers, P2 are the ones on the box stock truck. As I understood the P1 are for smooth groomed tracks. I use the P2 and have never felt a need to change them although I may try out the long travel one day.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    P1 has a high stance it's almost like the long travel
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    Awesome. I bought a kit that came with p1 p2 and lt.

I had to get a stock servo saver for now. I had to finish up the order from tower hobbies.

I just realized I got to buy batteries again

The rocker in and of itself has nothing to do with "stance" it provides more or less leverage on the shock depending on which rocker you use. The P1 gives a bit firmer ride by placing the push-rod closer to the pivot point on the rocker arm, where-as the LT moves the push-rod further from the pivot point allowing a more plush compliant ride for rough terrain. You can set the ride height higher or lower with any set of rockers by adjusting push-rod placement and spring pre-load.

There is a great reading in the pit pass section of the site to explain how to make adjustments on the revo and what the adjustments do. It is a great deal of information, I refer to it occasionally when I am making changes to my truck.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    There is a great reading in the pit pass section of the site to explain how to make adjustments on the revo and what the adjustments do. It is a great deal of information, I refer to it occasionally when I am making changes to my truck.
    Where does it say anything about ride height?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Where does it say anything about ride height?
    here: http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...t-Guide-Part-1

Also I was wrong on the P1 they are for rough tracks and conditions. P3 would be for smooth, although I haven't seen them much on here or on ebay. Maybe they are an accessory for the revo. You shouldn't necessarily take anyone's word for anything when a resource like that is available read up!

RC Qualifier
    Put p1 rockers on and tell me if your ride height is higher versus p2 or 3.

RC Qualifier
    That is an awesome guide the thing that brought my to the revo over the e Max was that the shocks are protected.I've bent so many shafts on the e max.

I guess I got to get a few shock oils and really try this truck out.

One other thing are many of you guys using a chassis brace. Are these prone to breaking like the mini revo?

Ride Height & Suspension Set~Up:
    My Bash set up:
    P2 Rockers 80 wt Shock Fluid, Blue Rear Silver Front, inner hole.
    I set the shock preload by pushing the chassis to the ground.
    If the springs fully compress, back off the preload, if not fully compress increase the preload..
    Will also give you a little more ride height..

little over the top, but you can get the idea..
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...475-Rear-Brace
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    Put p1 rockers on and tell me if your ride height is higher versus p2 or 3.
    There are a few ways to change the "stance" without touching the rockers. What your saying is not wrong, but it's not technically right either. You can put P1 rockers on and slam the truck to the ground, or you can put P3s on and raise it up to the limit. The ride height doesn't solely depend on the rocker installed it can be adjusted many different ways each way makes subsequent adjustments to the trucks handling.

Edit-if you do a lot of jumping and hard bashing it is recommended that you add a rear brace, most just make their own out of extra parts. I have yet to break anything due to my own bashing so I can't say how much abuse the truck will take before something gives. But I do know it will take a lot of cartwheeling, landing on the roof, front bumper, rear bumper...and hitting curbs and privacy fences before you will break anything. I still have stock arms also so they aren't as fragile as some would have you believe. I am waiting until I break one to make the switch to rpm at least in the rear for the true track. I have bent a few toe links and steering rods, as thick as they are they bend rather easily.
    Last edited by rjm2519; 03-10-2013 at 06:31 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I wish I had all three sets so I could take pics and stuff. Lets say I have p1 rockers with no preload and pushrods in the inner hole and have 3 inches ground clearance then all I switch is the rockers to p2 and the ride height drops to 2 inches...... Unless I run lots of preload with stuffer springs I prefer to do it with p1 rockers rather than use p2s with a ton of preload a super stiff springs

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    I wish I had all three sets so I could take pics and stuff. Lets say I have p1 rockers with no preload and pushrods in the inner hole and have 3 inches ground clearance then all I switch is the rockers to p2 and the ride height drops to 2 inches...... Unless I run lots of preload with stuffer springs I prefer to do it with p1 rockers rather than use p2s with a ton of preload a super stiff springs
    Get hot racing rockers its got all 3.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I just Realized I don't have a radio. I'm kinda thinking i may get one good radio that I could use on mutiple trucks once I start building them.

I've got narrowed down to two that I like.

Spectrum
    SPM3300
    DX3C DSM 3-Channel Sport Computer Radio w/SR300

And

Hitec
    Aggressor SRX Pro 3-Channel 2.4GHz Tx/2 Receivers

The Hitec is cheaper once you consider the extra receiver

Futaba radios are so pricey i'd rather just buy a bunch of TQi's on ebay and have to carry them around. I plan on have 2 radios anyway, just to have a spare of if the wife comes RC'n she wants her truck back as well maybe i'll make her an Emaxx

The traxxas tqi is considered a good radio that is not terribly expensive, receivers are also available from time to time in the MP. I have a tactic radio and have been very happy with it, receivers are around $25 shipped and their is not external antenna so no tube to worry about and you can use the same tx with as many receivers as you like just not at the same time. Look around and see what others are using there are a lot of options out there right now for a good price that have great performance.

http://www.amazon.com/controlled-Rad...r+%26+receiver

http://www.amazon.com/Tactic-2-Chann...s=tactic+radio

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Just a few wallet friendlier options to consider, I have used a few different brands of radios throughout my rc life and can say that there isn't a discernible difference between brands in their actual use. Some have more adjustments and options than others, but for me I like basic hence the tactic. It is very light, only uses 4AA and I have yet to kill a set of batteries in it. I usually end up changing them because they have been in the tx for so long I worry about them corroding. I have heard good things about the flysky and link systems as well. Don't take my word for it search around many people are using the flysky systems and the link and are happy with them.

RC Qualifier
    I bought a TQI for about $50 shipped and I also picked up some extra screws and stock servo saver. I got a GHH on my emaxx, well Had and it was great, going to wait until the hobby shop gets them in stock. but i'm guessing my stock one will last all summer, my Emaxx one did.

I've got some ofna diff lock OTW from tower I added it with my other parts as I has to split my order. still waiting to ship is my 3.8 slingshots and Summit bumpers, but i've already got badlands so i'll still be able to start building in about 2 weeks when things arrive.

Which reminds me to order batteries. We found some li po's in my garage from the fire and they where in a carry type tool box, in a metal tool box and every cell exploded from the heat! what a mess i'd say enviromental will have to clean up after me.
    What i'm thinking now is ordering 4 Gens Ace 5000mah 50C in 2s and in 3s. I like to use 5s in my big trucks. sometimes i use 3s in my slashes but not ofter mostly 2s.

You off to a good start there mate...I don't know about those Traxxas CVD's, summits have served me well.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    2 years on my emaxx and lots of broken arms and such. I'm going to stick with my lucky cvds. What gearing should I use on the revo is it the same as the emax

At the moment I am running 21/54 on 2/3s...you need to keep an eye on temps tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I had 20/68 on my emaxx

RC Qualifier
    Got 6 5600 65C 2S Lipo and a 10A x 4 charger coming now! my last charger was a 6A x 4. Charging 4 batteries at 10A will be great! I rarely charge batteries fast as having 6 usually last me longer than i need.

RC Qualifier
    First set of parts. Just picked these up at a hobby shop.

Hoping to see the main parts by Friday or Monday.

I've been thinking if I should paint the geodes black or keep them Chrome.

My other wheels are desperado wrapped with badlands

RC Champion
    Sweet can't wait to see this come together. I would keep the geodes chrome, they look good black but I would be worried about them looking bad after some use.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Next shipment of parts has arrived.

Now I need hollow balls for the steering links. I wish I had a hobby shop close. I'm also going to need pillow ball caps for the strc steering knuckles. The powder coat or anodize didn't come out to great on these.

All coming together now mate...Nice!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Looking Good!
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    just ordered the last few parts.

1 TRX5355 Hollow Balls Tall Centered & Offset/Shims Revo
    1 TRX5378 Revo Pivot Ball Cap/Dust
    1 CCRPHXL Castle-Link USB Programing Kit
    1 SPMA3050 Standard Servo Extension 3"
    2 PRO116000 Fr/Re Trencher 3.8 40 Series

I bought the castle becuase i was thinking i've already got the USB link and my slash was castle, I wasn't thinking that I was starting from scratch i would of bought a sensored Tekin 2250 RX8 system. But o well at least i've got a water proof truck!!

Proline now makes the F-11 Wheels in a 1/2" wider offset in 3.8" i'm just trying to find some now to mount mt trenchers on,.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    just ordered the last few parts.

1 TRX5355 Hollow Balls Tall Centered & Offset/Shims Revo
    1 TRX5378 Revo Pivot Ball Cap/Dust
    1 CCRPHXL Castle-Link USB Programing Kit
    1 SPMA3050 Standard Servo Extension 3"
    2 PRO116000 Fr/Re Trencher 3.8 40 Series

I bought the castle becuase i was thinking i've already got the USB link and my slash was castle, I wasn't thinking that I was starting from scratch i would of bought a sensored Tekin 2250 RX8 system. But o well at least i've got a water proof truck!!

Proline now makes the F-11 Wheels in a 1/2" wider offset in 3.8" i'm just trying to find some now to mount mt trenchers on,.
    Those f-11's look awesome. I want some, wonder if they will come out with blac chrome in the near future.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Did you already find the strc rockers in stock somewhere? Ive been searching too but can't find them and they wont respond to my emails sadly .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Did you already find the strc rockers in stock somewhere? Ive been searching too but can't find them and they wont respond to my emails sadly .
    I've got stock LT, P1, and P2 i'm not going to bother with aluminum rockers now. I have the bearings and upgraded posts

Black chrome would look good on the F-11. of anyone finds a set of black in stock post me a link. I'll have 3 tire sets with 3 wheel sets, all different. and on 1/2 wider offset which is a must.

I'll soon be on a hunt for a Revo 3.3 maybe one with a blown motor or roller and drop an OS.21 Although i'm tempted to try a 1/5th scale. My buddy has a revo 3.3, Savage XL 5.9 and Baja 5SC 30cc. The revo looks like a mini now.

RC Qualifier
    Finally back ordered the F-11 Wheels for my Trenchers. Also got a few parts that i've missed in the build like I only ordered 4 pillow balls. I got the upgraded ones for the front and I only put the stock ones on the rear with the True track.

Got another package today. Still waiting on the chassis kit from DH.

MM2 and 400"/Pound steering hitec madness.

Started prepping my body.

I've got gold flake put down now, i'm going to cover the rest with black and the main truck will be white to match mine.