Any One Try dollarhobbyz.com?

Hey guys, BomberSTi said that this online hobby shop called http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/StoreFront I checked it out and their prices are GREAT. I see that they sell complete transmissions and diffs, so they must be taking apart complete trucks to get the parts. It really looks legit, but I wanted to see if any one else has tried them, or heard about them. Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Yes I have ordered many parts with combine shipping they are great! Fast shipping to love that seller
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'm a big fan of dollarhobbyz too, its better to buy it from their site than the one from ebay, you get 5% off.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

So the webisite is legit? I'm a little worried because it's from a Ebay seller, have either of you guys had any bad experiences? Thanks!

RC Champion
    Dollarhobbyz is one of the best sellers on ebay. I order a LOT from them. They are fantastic. I would not hesitate to buy from them. I'm sure their website is just as good
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    I have ordered a few times from them, great service, I ordered a TQi radio from them and got it in 3 days, and for only $48.00 shipped, I have always had stuff within 3 days of ordering from them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm a big fan of dollarhobbyz too, its better to buy it from their site than the one from ebay, you get 5% off.
    I've noticed that thier buy it now prices on eBay are cheaper than with the 5% off.
    Not sure what the shipping cost from them are on the website, but on eBay, it's usually $3.99 for most items and each additional item is $1.60.
    I've ordered a few hundred dollars worth of parts from them over the past couple months.
    They ship quickly too, ordered some parts Thursday night and they arrived today.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    I ordered a new slipper assembly for my slash 4x4 and they sent me the wrong one. I received the slipper for the rustler. Emailed them and got a response the next day. Even before I asked they said the correct part was on it's way and that they included a return shipping package. I didn't need to pay for the return or wait to long to get the correct part. I would rather pay an extra dollar or two to get that kind of service, but with them you pay a dollar or two less and get outstanding customer support. Highly recommend them for any part you need.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    I've ordered $97 worth of parts from them at least 10 days ago, but shipping was $75. So frustrating! HOWEVER I've bought lots from them before on just eBay and they always give all the extra screws, linkages, etc.. I love them!

YUp, they are one group I buy from and never had an issue.... "Nitronaught Approved"....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Yep, I love them now. I was really skeptical at first, but I placed a order for 4 bulkheads, aluminum chassis, and a spur gear for my Slayer, and it only cost $30. But, $10 of that was shipping. Anyway, my order came in 4 days, so I'm happy.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I've ordered $97 worth of parts from them at least 10 days ago, but shipping was $75. So frustrating! HOWEVER I've bought lots from them before on just eBay and they always give all the extra screws, linkages, etc.. I love them!
    They do combined shipping, how did you get almost 1:1 shipping cost and product price? We're you buying a bunch of $2-4 parts?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    A bunch of $8-20 parts, but it's the shipping to CANADA that ruined it.

RC Champion
    Yep...best parts place I've found.

Here's a tip though...when searching the site...
    Use the search bar to find part numbers.
    For example...I searched a 2080 servo...which is the same for all the 1/16 models.
    It was cheaper in one section than in the other 2(they don't have a 1/16 Slash section).
    Also...just because a part shows "out of stock" in one section...doesn't mean that they might not have it in stock in another section.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

We're you buying a bunch of $2-4 parts?
    Ya, I did, so the shipping was really bad.

RC Champion
    Good point dcfox! I think the issue is that these guys buy full trucks, then part them out. When parting out a Summit they mark the price for a 2075 differently than when they part out an e-revo. I've found parts that cost $16 for an e-revo and $9 for a Summit even though they are the same part. Also noticed a lot of the revo stuff is out of stock. HOPEFULLY getting my shipment today.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    +1 great seller, I placed many orders myself... Shipping is a bit high for International orders...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    Yep...best parts place I've found.

Here's a tip though...when searching the site...
    Use the search bar to find part numbers.
    For example...I searched a 2080 servo...which is the same for all the 1/16 models.
    It was cheaper in one section than in the other 2(they don't have a 1/16 Slash section).
    Also...just because a part shows "out of stock" in one section...doesn't mean that they might not have it in stock in another section.
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Good point dcfox! I think the issue is that these guys buy full trucks, then part them out. When parting out a Summit they mark the price for a 2075 differently than when they part out an e-revo. I've found parts that cost $16 for an e-revo and $9 for a Summit even though they are the same part. Also noticed a lot of the revo stuff is out of stock. HOPEFULLY getting my shipment today.

You'd think they have to know they have different prices for some of the products. But don't call them on that, I have my eye on a few parts and don't want the price to go up!!
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I think they price them on a percentage basis of the whole car.
    I went on the site and "virtually" built a 1/16 Rally. With everything stock the way it would come out of the box...it was almost equal to the retail price of a complete car...shipped.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    Around $3 for a trx 3.3 crank shaft.. Anywhere else here in Australia is around $40- for the same thing! I can rebuild my old 3.3 for about $90 shipped to me. (keeping in mind we don't get the erp here) so rebuilding is one of the cheapest options, next to buying a new trx 3.3 which retails here for about $180ish

RC Qualifier
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-16...10646775519%26
    Look at this deal I just stumbled upon at dollarhobbyz that's why I like them
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    Not very excited.

"DHL sometimes has delays. They ask us to wait up to 8 weeks for international orders. I’m really sorry for their delay. You can be certain that your order was shipped on March 22; however, I am not certain why your tracking number is coming up with an error. Sometimes there website has glitches. Continue to keep trying it. I remember that they were having quite a few website errors around March 22, so your order was probably affected.

Please let us know when you receive your order, and email again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Alissa
    Dollar Hobbyz"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If they are using DHL Global Mail for International orders now, that's a pain, it's the slowest shipping method ever but it's cheap and so far it works for me... But, it's USPS fault, they went crazy with international shipping costs and we have to live with it...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    I finally received my mail today.

One of the things I ordered was:

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...sh-Lock/Detail

All I received was the plastic bulkheads, no pins or braces. Very angry! Almost 35 days later, and they got the order wrong. FRUSTRATED!

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't have been very happy with that either especially when it said "what you see is what you get" and clearly there was more pictured. Plus the waiting thing...

RC Qualifier
    I buy from dollar hobbies all the time. They're one of my favorite sellers. Never had a problem with them.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    They got back to me right away though, which is good!

"We always ship the business day after you pay or the second business day at the latest, unless there is a problem. Sorry for the confusion or the delay with the mail.

I’m sorry for the mistake. Can you please send a picture of what you received so that we can see what is missing? Please also include the email you used to make the order (it would be the email associated with your PayPal account).

Thanks,

Alissa
    Dollar Hobbyz
    www.dollarhobbyz.com
    "

Here's hoping they fix the issue, AND they don't ship it via slug.

Again, I've ordered from them before a few times now and never had an issue, but suddenly this looooonng wait AND missing parts, funny how something so "simple" can be so detrimental!

Hmmm, that's strange. I got my parts 3 days after I ordered my parts. And yes, my bulkheads came with the brace and pins.

1,900TH POST!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You are in the USA... Krall is in Canada.
    BIG difference in shipping... both in time and cost.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Hah yeah, and it turns out the parts are already on their way from Minnesota, but Minnesota is quite a ways NORTH of me! Go figure. I emailed today suggesting I had missing parts, they offered a 50% discount, or send out remaining parts for free through USPS express instead of DHL! I took the second option. Hooray!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    At least they made it right and made it right quick!!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I can also say these guys are legit! I purchased a few items from them through ebay at first then I decided to go through the site directly and never had a problem.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i like to go to their site better than ebay, you get discount on any items. shipping is fast too, here in USA that is!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Just to be clear: They missed a few important parts with my bulkheads, they responded immediately when I asked them about it and offered a few different options. I picked, "send the missing parts to me, at no extra cost" and within an hour they gave me a shipping number.

Excellent service! Here's hoping it does take another 40 days to arrive though ahha.