RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by low_dakota94 View Post
    That's gonna be interesting lol.

Who builds the stretch kit?

Pm sent

Bswift
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Competitor
    Theres gotta be a way for this nitrous to work. Maybe richen it up and go size bigger on nitrous pill.

RC Competitor
    I mean you can try it. I've just never heard anything good about it.

RC Competitor
    I have nitrous experience. Majority of the people on here goes what others has said and never even tried the kit to see if it works.

RC Competitor
    I understand I personally didn't notice enough of a difference to justify price or running a motor lean. It was on a buddy's lst2 and we tried but couldn't get good results. Putting a better pipe made a bigger difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGetta View Post
    I have nitrous experience. Majority of the people on here goes what others has said and never even tried the kit to see if it works.
    So if a given majority of reputable people that say a particular product is junk and recommend to stay away, why would one waste their money to get the same results?
    Integy arms or superchargers? A majority states to stay away as they bend easily and their customer service and warranty is last-to-none. Why would I be stupid enough to call them all liars and dump money into said Integy product only to join the group saying they are junk?
    One way to gain wisdom is from other's mistakes and reviews.

Since you have nitrous experience (I assume with 2-stroke nitro rcs) but failed to provide it to date, let's hear what you have to say with documentation to back it up. Dyno graphs? Longevity after multiple gallons of use?

Theres gotta be a way for this nitrous to work. Maybe richen it up and go size bigger on nitrous pill.
    So which is it? Nitrous experience? Not getting it to work?
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I have sprayed multiple 2 stroke banshees, worked perfect. Only thing different on these kits is its dry not wet. Which I have sprayed a 450 dry and richen it up work great.

RC Qualifier
    While there is "No Replacement for Displacement", no matter how big or well built a motor is nitrous will always make it faster. How much faster depends on the person using it and how much they know about it.

RC Qualifier
    When can we see videos of this thing running makeing some paases.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Im still going with the 3.3 i feel as if you do your homework with it and get your numbers right as far as port timings and surface area right, and on top of all that compliment it with the right carb and pipe it will be competitive against any other motor setup on the jato. Only way to find out is spend some money and do some R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    While there is "No Replacement for Displacement", no matter how big or well built a motor is nitrous will always make it faster. How much faster depends on the person using it and how much they know about it.
    You are basing you knowledge every type of engine you have successfully sprayed with nitrous. All of them having valves of some sort or another, even your 2 stroke engines have reed valves and either fuel injection, carburator and a fuel pump either electric or mechanical, or both..... They have rings, the exhaust and intake ports are not open at the same time. You have the ability by using a seperate fuel feed off the fuel line after the pump to add more fuel on your engines.... The backpressure is not enough to push ENOUGH ADDITIONAL FUEL to properly accomodate the needs when Nitrous is included...

Oh,,, And if I had to make a living from selling these things,,, I'd tell you they worked great too.

1:1 engines yeah agreed 100%... Nitro RC engines (there is a 4 stroke motor that it would probably do wonders for) that are 2 stroke... Nope,,, it's a waste.

1. I've already mentioned the fact you can not load up the combustion chamber due to no valves and the intake and exhaust opening at the same time. Even your 2 stroke engines have reed valves.
    2. None of your engines are depending on backpressure for the exhaust to pump the fuel, your's are either electric, machanical or have a diaphram to pump the fuel with gravity feed assistance in many cases. This is why with an RC Nitro engine you will not have much luck...

3.3 engine $150.00
    NX kit $199.00
    That's $349.00 and added weight, along with the fact you can't hit a button to engage the Nitrous, it is triggered by a switch on the throttle linkage to only engage at 95% throttle to help with the fact you aren't getting enough fuel when the Nitrous is engaged...

For that price you can buy a bigger engine that has power whenever you want it, less weight, power is everywhere low end top end,,, no bottles to fill AND you won't be running HIGH RPM lean conditions....

I have also been down the 1:1 engine road, I've still my NHRA racers license and ran Pro Stock for 6 years... When it comes to power adders, a good exhaust, a carb, a good air intake setup is your best bet. Have an engine with more displacement and there's no comparison...

I won't go back and forth on this, I've stated the facts on both sides....

I'd also say go with a Bump Start motor, this will take off the starter shaft, plate and one way bearing... Very good performance increase on ANY Nitro RC engine.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 03-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Competitor
    Do any of you guys know where I can purchase a degree wheel for the nitro rc motors? Since this is a drag forum and we are talking drag mods? Also what rpm range does the ths anodized pipe with the larger stinger seem to come on at?

RC Qualifier
    You make your own its easy. Go on line to google and type in somthing like degree wheel and print it off and make your self a plastic disc to glue your paper on. I have the high dollar degree wheel and the paper one is 100% acurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kshoulde35 View Post
    Do any of you guys know where I can purchase a degree wheel for the nitro rc motors? Since this is a drag forum and we are talking drag mods? Also what rpm range does the ths anodized pipe with the larger stinger seem to come on at?

RC Competitor
    ^^^^ Thank you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kshoulde35 View Post
    This might help. I took a angle finder and mounted a collet and bushed it to fit standard cranks on the backside. This allows me position the finder directly on crankshaft easily.

Bswift

RC Competitor
    Thanks Bswift I will look into doing that

RC Competitor
    any info on the ths pipe tho? if it doesn't produce in the top end I don't need it

RC Competitor
    Should be recieving the car here in the next two days, then off to nitrous express.

RC Competitor
    Ok guys, after talking with acouple people all saying the same as in the nos kit doesnt work. Im going with a nice .21

RC Qualifier
    Ok guys, after talking with acouple people all saying the same as in the nos kit doesnt work. Im going with a nice .21
    What exactly are your goals for this jato conversion? Drag racing, high speed runs, sand, asphalt, ????? I've always been more successful at setting a primary function for a car/truck, creating a realistic goal, and going from there. I've learned u can't have your cake and eat it to. Lol. High speed?? Cool! Drag racing??Cool! Insane jumping?? That's cool too!

I'm not saying a high speed car can't click off some good drag et's but, it's prob gonna perform better at high speed runs than drag racing if that is what the car is setup for. U can take a car setup for high speed and make few changes and have an insane drag car and vice versa. This is pretty common knowledge throughout the rc community.

A universal crescent wrench will get the job done but, not quite as effective as having the right tool for the job. Lol

What's your goal??

RC Competitor
    Drag racing

RC Competitor
    The .21 im getting make 3.07 hp

RC Competitor
    Hp claims are exaggerated by manufacturers, so I don't know how accurate that will be. Also it's gonna take some time and a lot of trial and error to translate that power to the ground.

RC Competitor
    The. 21 makes good power. Once its right you'd be a 90 mph.

RC Qualifier
    90 mph in 165 ft drag racing??? Holy smokes!!!! I don't think so. U would need to shoot one of these cars out of a canon to run 90 mph in 165 ft drag race.

Bswift

The .21 im getting make 3.07 hp
    OK, then it is way from stock and HIGHLY modded..

Here's the specs from the Mfr BTW...

Stock Number: OSMG2083
    Displacement: 0.208 cu in (3.41 cc)
    Bore: 0.669 in (17.0 mm)
    Stroke: 0.590 in (15.0 mm)
    Practical rpm: 3000-35,000
    Output: 1.77 hp @ 29,000 rpm
    Weight: 8.57 oz (243 g)

Getting 1.3 HP more that what the mfr claims?
    Robin Williams

RC Qualifier
    What .21 are you getting?? My O.S..21 XZ-R Speed, claims 2.76 hp at 33k rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    What .21 are you getting?? My O.S..21 XZ-R Speed, claims 2.76 hp at 33k rpm.
    Yeah and that would be a hard fit into a Jato since it's a full BB 1/8th scaled motor....
    Robin Williams

RC Competitor
    tails

Item #: RAD621P OPS/Radical. Take advantage of the recent drop in the Euro. This is the exact same engine Paul Coleman is kicking butt with all over the country with his Rally Car. Paul is runnning our new Cinderella Cooling Head and you can choose this Option below. Radical/OPS factory modified engines. This Radical/OPS 621P is the newest, hottest Off-Road .21 engine's high speed engine available today. This is the most powerful engine OPS produces. Allot of guys are now running this engine in their buggys for the larger long straightaway tracks. Chrome-platted brass design sleeve, total of 7 transfer and boost ports. Note the differance in picture of boost ports in front of sleeve. Italian made and boasts the finest materials and under goes the highest in production quality control. It has true ABC construction. Ask any racer running the 621P and they will tell you it is the finest, fastest .21 engine on the market today. Comes with 3 Venturi carburetor with 6,7,8mm aluminum inserts. Engines modified and manufactured by OPS in Italy. Engine Characteristics: Super Top end power with tremendous Mid-High. Here are some specs: Displacement: 3.5cc (.21 ci ) Horse Power: rated 3.07 hp RPM: 40,000 This Italian stallion is a true work horse in the realm of off-road 1/8th scale competition motors. You will be amazed by the fine detail of this engine. The engines mount screw holes are machined flush which is a feature I have never seen before. Beautiful Red cooling head has a bull printed on the top of the head is a classy Italian touch. The heat-sink head is secured to the engine block by six cap-head screws. The button cylinder head design allows the racer to fine tune the engine to their glow plug preference by offering an optional standard button head piece part # RAD6739760. We now stock these head buttons. Engine comes with all the necessary items to get this motor up and running, a turbo OPS glow plug and Allen wrench. The engine's are shimmed for 25-30% nitro fuel. The crankshaft has a ported center passage with elliptical cuts on the counter-weights along with oil passages where the crank meets the case bearing to help lube the components. The end of the crankshaft has a beveled edge that helps chop up the mixture as it enters the crank port. Admiring the chrome-platted brass design with a total of 7 transfer and boost ports. All the transfer ports have tapered angled channels with fanged out edges. The exhaust port has an internal taper to the port with some notches at the top. The engine receives extremely high marks in this department as it is evident that the power version and the torque version engines are factory modified throughout the products port system. The blocks internal ports provide a smooth flow and transfer throughout the engine block. This engine block is painted hard coat black with five integrated fins to help displace the core temp away from the piston and sleeve. Careful when reinstalling the back-plate, the instructions are clear that the piston must be positioned up in the sleeve before the backplate is reinserted as the o-ring sealed plate is milled out to accommodate a portion of the high-silicone aluminum piston when it is at dead bottom. This power version slide carburetor has one low-speed, and one high- speed needle along with one idle screw. Enthusiasts often make the mistake of breaking in the engine cold you do not want to do that with these engines. Heat em up to 200% before starting each time and every time and these engines will last you a life time. We have customers in Australia that swear their Radical 621's are coming on stronger after 5-6 gals of fuel. You will get many gallons of unbelievable performance out of these engines with a little TLC. Any question just shoot us an email. We carry full line of replacement parts and all Radical orders are shipped Priority mail Free of charge.

So it's not an O.S. as we were led to believe? http://shop.gotnitroonline.com/OPS-R...ne-RAD621P.htm
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Yes ops radical .21 will be in my mail box. So get ready!

RC Qualifier
    Yes ops radical .21 will be in my mail box. So get ready!
    Get ready for what??

Have u made a pass on the funny car with the 3.3 that's currently in it??

What do you expect the 3.3 to et??

What do you expect the 621 to et??

I'm not sure your expectations are totally realistic with the conditions "surfaces" these cars typically run on.
    Have you dead hooked a properly tuned 3.3 yet?? If so, how did it run?? Any data???

Bswift

RC Competitor
    I expect to be the fastest! Lol

RC Competitor
    Umm yeah don't we all lol. They have some really fast guys out here that have probably 2 grand in a jato lol.

RC Competitor
    I have close to that in mine. For the same amount I got in it now I could have a electric setup running 120mph.

RC Competitor
    I have close to that in mine. For the same amount I got in it now I could have a electric setup running 120mph.
    The quote "Trolling is a art" comes to mind when I read your posts.

RC Competitor
    Why's that Sir?

RC Competitor
    Why's that Sir?
    Just reading this thread and all the other topics you've started. If you dont mind my asking, how old are you?

RC Qualifier
    2000$!!!!!! How?? Not even If u started with a brand new jato out of the box.

New jato. $ 450.00
    Rlc conversion. $199.99

$ 649.99. Total.IF ITS ALL BRAND NEW
    That's all I see in your pics

OK. ADD A radical 621

+299,00

Total 948.99. Still $ 1,050.00 shy of 2,000

+ accessories.... Clutch, clutch bell, pipe, header, motor mount. Not another 1,000$

What else have u bought??

Bswift

RC Competitor
    Labor shipping different tires pipes . The car is not even done. I switch different setups. If this setup dont impress id change up.