RC poster

slipper clutch pads gone missing...

so the slipper clutch pads suddenly went missing from the slayer pro out of nowhwere... got a rebuild kit for it with the aluminum pads put it back together and thought i was good. the truck freely travels backwards and all the pads on pads on the clutch seem like they arent doing anything there is an awful lot of moving around. i didnt know what the little metal rod was for so i left it in the packaging. i tightened down the nut and nothing changed... should that pin go somewhere cuz i couldnt find anywhere for it to go and am beyond confused at this point... just like this post will probably confuse you.... help me i need something to do before i go to work in the morning and need to irritate the lady at the end of the street

RC Champion
    That pin goes between the trans and the alum backing plate. Through the slipper clutch shaft. If you did not remove the backing plate u should be good

RC poster
    Yeah I didn't remove that... now I am concened with why there is so much space between the plates and the disk. And why the rolls backwards freely

RC Champion
    Picture would be helpfull. Many the back plate slipped forward and is resting on the pin. Did you put the spring in and not the washers? The washers are for nitro

RC Champion
    Just out of curiosity did you remove the pad holder from the spur gear? Wondering if the bearing fell out?

RC poster
    i got it all figured out... in my infinite wisdom i was trying to rebuild it while drinking... so i ended putting the washers on the wrong side of the bearing. its all good now. fixing tiny little parts with a fat buzz is not the easiest thing