Thread: New to me Emaxx

RC Competitor

New to me Emaxx

Well got my paypal situation fixed and bought a lightly used Traxxas Emaxx w/ Titan 21T brushed motors, EVX-2 ESC, dual servo, full water proof, and 2.4G radio- the truck looks barely used so I jumped on it

I bought a few extras -2 12T titan motors, 2 32p 20t pinions, 2 Traxxas motor heat sinks, and a Emaxx Proline 73 Ford Bronco body w/ the rear body posts.

I have a couple questions? Will the 12T motors be any advantage over the 21T's? I've had a 12T in a 2WD slash and it was a blast ahaha but not to fun in the snow with a spool..

How easy is the 2.4gHz radio to setup?

I paid $325USD and it looks brand new (my local Hobbytown has them for $447.95)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/traxxas-e-ma...vip=true&rt=nc
    Edit/Delete Message

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum!

The 2.4 system is pretty easy. You can down load instruction guides on the Traxxas main under the support section.

12 turn motors on the E-Maxx, even two of them won't have enough torque to move that big truck around.

Lower the turns, the faster the motor but also lower the torque. The higher the turns, the slower the motor but the torque is higher.

RC Competitor
    Thanks! I see ok I'll put one of the 12T's in my Tamiya Lunchbox haha and resell the other

I also seen on the main page here Traxxas makes a 2 speed conversion 1. Is it worth while to do it to a 99% stock truck?

Found the instructions for it- YIKES and I've built a 3 speed Tamiya high lift haha
    Last edited by Zac_F71; 03-08-2013 at 10:09 PM.

RC Champion
    I've never messed around with the 2 speed tranny kits. It depends on how you like to run your truck.

If it's like the original 3906 two speed tranny, 1st gear is meant for slow low end power needed for crawler type running. 2nd gear would be for faster top end speed runs.

RC Competitor
    I seen that in the instructions ya.. first gear has 2-3 ratios to choose from, and 2nd is the standard 1 speed ratio I don't plan on rock crawling it so I will probably pass on it.. for now.

Thanks for your help I will be posting pics of it here for sure!

RC Competitor
    Well I decided to go lipo SO I'm picking up 2 Venom 5000 30C 7.4's, Racers Edge lipo charger, and 2 female TRX connectors.

Also picked up a few things- heat sinks with fans, RPM revolver 3.2 wheels, Proline mashers, and RPM chrome bumpers

Just need to figure out what color to paint the 73 Bronco body I am getting Monday (tomorrow)

RC Competitor
    OK got the new body done and looking to do a little tuning to it-

looking at
    AE dif fluids 7k (rear) and 10k (front)
    AE 50WT shock oil
    TRX4649 red springs (look to be a softer compound than stock 3903's)

Also considering
    RPM true track conversion
    RPM front arms
    Golden Horizon aluminum 14mm hubs (REALLY debating on these if it needs the or not)

pics!

RC Champion
    The RPM and GH stuff are good upgrades. You may want to wait until you break the stock stuff though. But if you budget allows for it I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    The RPM and GH stuff are good upgrades. You may want to wait until you break the stock stuff though. But if you budget allows for it I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed.
    I see that is likely the plan - waiting for parts to break before at least fitting them..

RC Competitor
    Well got the lipo's and WOW haha it was fun with the stock batt's but these things REALLY need lipo's haha it's really a wheelie machine (needs a wheelie bar bad) BUT here they are! - Venom 7.4 30C 5000 hard case's

As far as a performance stand point for those that haven't gone to Llipo batteries in their E - I bought new wheels/tires (3.2 RPM Revolver's w/ Proline Mashers) the wheels/tires didn't require gluing with the NIMH's it comes with - they NEED to be glued for the lipo's- they fit great!

RC Racer
    Looks great!! How are those heat sinks and fans working out? I have been looking at the integy ones for when i go LiPo but I like to shop around and make sure I get the best

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Skink910 View Post
    Looks great!! How are those heat sinks and fans working out? I have been looking at the integy ones for when i go LiPo but I like to shop around and make sure I get the best
    Thanks! These fans work great! I hooked one up backwards and fried one so bought 2 more fans-

I have the 2.4 4ch RX and made a 1-2 JST adapter harness for them (1 male to 2 females) and I think these are being under powered as they're rated for 3.8v- 7.2v each and might be getting 6v together SO I may hook them up to their own channel and see what happens

I was running it indoors to test the clutch/lipo's and the motors heated up pretty quick but that was crawling speeds and lots of dead stop launches -I have no doubt they will keep up in the summer..

I have 2 12T titans and the other 2 spur gears to try out as well since there is no definitive video or post saying you shouldn't run them- I'll be sure to post results of the tests here this summer - for now I'm just going to enjoy the truck..