RC poster

What is better for bashing around, stampede electric 4x4 or slash nitro 4x4?

what do u think is the best car for bashing around. stampede electric 4x4 vxl or slash nitro 4x4?
    post what u think.
    Last edited by Eroc-22; 03-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    stampede 4x4 vxl

Since there is no Slash Nitro 4x4 VXL (VXL is always electric), I'd get the Pede....
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Not sure about the other models but I have tons of fun bashing in my pede. I wouldnt want anything else.

RC Qualifier
    There is a time and a place for both. The "slash nitro 4x4" is a Slayer Pro and they are really fun. I love mine and drive it often. If you enjoy tinkering and adjusting then get the nitro. If you just want to plug in and go get the electric. Another factor to keep in mind is nitro is higher maintenance, after you get done running a nitro not only do you need to clean the truck but you have to put after run oil in the engine. Also if long term budget is a factor get the electric because you will always have to buy fuel and glow plugs on top of the parts you break with a nitro where as if you get the electric once you get your batteries and a good charger you are good to go until you break something. But on the other hand, nitro has a more realistic experience compared to a 1/1 veh.
    Last edited by Hwdriver; 03-11-2013 at 04:05 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I HATE RUNNING NITRO. Im all about the simplicity and power of electric. Nitro is a slowly dying breed. Atleast from what i can tell.

RC Qualifier
    I don't have the patience for all the procedures that come with nitro vehicles
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Competitor
    I have a p4de and a nitro t-maxx. As already stated, there is alot of maintenace with any nitro and it can be a real pain in the.....Not to mention the nitros are not waterproof so you are limited to where and what you can do. You are continually tinkering wifh thw adjustment screws for proper idle/speed due to humidity levels etc. Snowing or raining outside, don't even bother with the nitro, electric can do anything and go almost anywhefe. I think with the few responses you have received, should be a no brainer. The pede is a good entry level truck but you.are going to want to upgrade it after the first run as with almost any rc.

Let's just say my tmaxx is going to be an emaxx very shortly.

Best of luck

RC Racer
    +1 with anywhere, stampede 4x4 can get through anywhere you want to,.... and it is a silent basher than nitro i gues,....

RC poster
    I think the slash nitro 4x4 would not be the best for bashing around. I think it would be made for a hard packed dirt track.
    Last edited by Eroc-22; 03-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    stampede 4x4 vxl

RC poster
    If it is a question of Nitro vs Electric I'm sure there is a thread on it but that said my p4de is quicker and faster "faster acceleration and more top speed" than my revo but my revo sure is cool.

Bottom line is that nitro is not for everyone and electric is alot more user friendly.

My $0.02
    P4DE
    2-Honcho's
    OS21TM Revo
    Blade MSR/MSR-X

RC poster
    I would pick stampede electric 4x4 vxl.
    stampede 4x4 vxl

You have made the right choice because you can use it in a built up area without people doing your head in about the noise and plug and play is sweet if you dont have much time....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!