Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Dead...

RC Qualifier
    I sold a tmaxx many years ago to a friend and told him to make sure that he changed the batts in the rx and tx, a week later I get a call telling me that the truck went out of control at full throttle down the street and right through an aluminum garage door, flipping upside down and burning the motor up. I didn't want to say it but I did, I told you to change the batts did you do that, Reply was no I didn't, lesson learned. I haven't owned another nitro since myself. Hope everything works out man and like posted above do whatever it takes to make them happy, don't want them to not like you as you are neighbors, I know you are probably freaking out but everything will be okay, just be nice as you can, and again good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Good news! I just placed a order at Dollar Hobbyz for the bulkheads, spur gear, and chassis. I'm glad I'll finally have this going again.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Did you pay for the door?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Late to reply here...

But I'm also curious what happened with the door.
    That looks like a standard garage door, probably a Clopay (is it even insulated?). Either way, to fix it right all you'd have to do is release the tension on the torsion springs and replace the bottom panel. If its the type of door I think it is, they're very common and a replacement panel can be ordered.
    Should only cost a couple hundred...(I'm not up to date on prices tho), and an hour or less to do the job.

RC poster
    ???? Inquiring minds would like to know. Lol

RC Racer
    He's probably too busy to get on here cause hes doing their yard work lol
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Competitor
    Maybe he left the state or country/LOL/JK.

He's probably too busy to get on here cause hes doing their yard work lol
    Maybe he left the state or country/LOL/JK.
    LOL, I've been out driving my Summit for spring break, I haven't had time to come on. My neighbor was VERY kind about it, and he said he would cover the cost, and he didn't want me to worry about it. He even offered to pay to fix my Slayer! I wish all my neighbors was that nice! It looks like I'm of the hook on this one!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    LOL, I've been out driving my Summit for spring break, I haven't had time to come on. My neighbor was VERY kind about it, and he said he would cover the cost, and he didn't want me to worry about it. He even offered to pay to fix my Slayer! I wish all my neighbors was that nice! It looks like I'm of the hook on this one!
    Holy cow thats one awesome neighbor!!!
    You really got lucky. I would still offer to do yardwork and stuff for him whenever he needs, though.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Holy cow thats one awesome neighbor!!!
    You really got lucky. I would still offer to do yardwork and stuff for him whenever he needs, though.
    Ya, I'm trying to help him in any way I can.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    All good points, though if the batteries fail or die that is not a radio issue.

According to Traxxas,
    One other note:

The TQi 2.4GHz Failsafe is only for loss of signal or battery depletion in the Tx only. So if the batteries are low in the Rx, then when you pull the trigger for that full throttle pass and the voltage drops severely, the Rx will stay at WOT because it doesn't have enough power to comprehend the next move, but still has enough power to hold the current move, that being WOT.

My Brother and myself have both had this happen and have done a lot of researching to figure out how to avoid it.

An aftermarket failsafe is not compatible with the TQi 2.4GHz system either.

The only sure way to avoid it is get a voltage monitor at least, but the most helpful is to get a rechargeable hump pack and charge it before you drive, or roughly every 6-10 tanks depending on the size of the pack.

After doing these things to my truck I haven't even seen the slightest glitch.

Hope this helps

Thanks.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

One other note:

The TQi 2.4GHz Failsafe is only for loss of signal or battery depletion in the Tx only. So if the batteries are low in the Rx, then when you pull the trigger for that full throttle pass and the voltage drops severely, the Rx will stay at WOT because it doesn't have enough power to comprehend the next move, but still has enough power to hold the current move, that being WOT.

My Brother and myself have both had this happen and have done a lot of researching to figure out how to avoid it.

An aftermarket failsafe is not compatible with the TQi 2.4GHz system either.

The only sure way to avoid it is get a voltage monitor at least, but the most helpful is to get a rechargeable hump pack and charge it before you drive, or roughly every 6-10 tanks depending on the size of the pack.

After doing these things to my truck I haven't even seen the slightest glitch.

Hope this helps

Thanks.
    Hmmm, never thought of that. Thanks, I'll look into it!

RC Champion
    I was out running my 3.3 revo one day and I looked behind me before I made a high speed pass towards myself and Nothing was there so I drove the truck straight towards me and jumped in the air so the truck would drive under me(showing off) and guess what had pulled up right behind me! My neighbors bran new BMW 335i "super expensive" lucky me it just scuffed the lower valence which we buffed out!

I looked behind me before I made a high speed pass towards myself and Nothing was there so I drove the truck straight towards me and jumped in the air so the truck would drive under me(showing off)
    Ha ha I've done that. It really hurts when you don't jump high enough! Glad it didn't cause to much damage!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Wow, thats awesome! Glad to hear your still gonna be able to be in the hobby.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Good news! The parts from Dollor Hobbyz came in the mail today! I'm hoping to have my Slayer up and running again by Wednesday!

RC Qualifier
    Right on Wolf your back in the game
    Im going to fire up the slayer pro this wknd, if weather is nice like it has been..
    Where It's All RC

RC Racer
    Awesome bro lookinf foward to more carnage pix lol jkafter a day of running the only truck that doesn't really break is the slayer only stupid parts seem to break annoying me lol but my gf had an awesome crash into a tree with the t maxx you've seen it lol
    Last edited by Reilly630; 04-02-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Update: I thought I'd post the rebuild of my Slayer for those of you that wanted a happy ending. I thought I would have rebuilt this when the new parts came two weeks ago, but I had a hard time leaving my Summit.
    I tore it down to every nut, bolt, and screw because I needed a new chassis. Believe it or not, all of these parts once made up a Slayer.

Also, this proves you can't be too careful. Look what I found. I couldn't even tell untill I pulled it out. Guess it's time to order some Avid's.

Again, this proves you can't be too careful. The first chassis looked fine, and at a first glace, these two chassis's look the same, right?

Wrong! Look, the front is bent!

Plenty of spare bearings!

This might take awhile... I'm kind of unorganized.

I'll post more as I start getting it back together.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear you got all your parts and getting it back together! I got my slayer out this last weekend hoping for warmer weather here to start some bashing with it...Been wanting to check the telemetry out with my DX3S....

RC poster
    HA! Brand new TQI and new batteries. I hit a pole at about 10mph, the throttle stuck w/o and she took off around my house. New Sway bars front and rear kept her stuck to the ground quite nice as she ran away from me at about 50. Thanks goodness for crappy sidewalks. She flipped over on her back and i got to it. Turned the truck off, turned it back on and it was like noting happend. A glitch?? Replaced the reciever just in case and went with a battery pack. Redcat failsafe wont work.
    If it dont work, kick it as hard as you can.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    500-1000 is about the right price range to replace a panel, depending if its solid, foamcore, or uninsulated. I used to service and install them. 2 guys can do it in about 15 min, and if you have just a few tools of the trade, and know how to deal with torsion springs, it is a simple job. Glad to hear that you did not have to pay for the damage. I would make sure to hook up your nice neighbors in any way you can, or else that golden horseshoe will fall out of your butt and ruin everything lol.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    or else that golden horseshoe will fall out of your butt and ruin everything lol.
    That's signature material right there. Hilarious

RC Racer
    Originally Posted by rag6
    or else that golden horseshoe will fall out of your butt and ruin everything lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    That's signature material right there. Hilarious

that is a good one never herd that one before
    Last edited by Double G; 05-07-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: language