RC poster

Bandit/Rustler Problems

I have a bandit 1/10 xl5 i took it out today and turned it on, a green light flashed then a red light came on (which im pretty sure has always come on) i am using a 8.4 v 3000 mah battery, the servo was moving but the motor would not turn on does anyone know y??

RC Champion
    is the light flashing while its on? check all the connections and make sure your battery is charged.

RC poster
    No it is a solid red light

RC Champion
    It's been a while since Ive ran the xl5 electronics, but you may want to try moving your throttle trim forward a bit and see if that helps the esc 'sense' your trigger inputs...it's a possibility

RC poster
    I plugged in a brand new motor a minute ago and it worked so I think the motor in it is fried.

RC Racer
    ok with the XL5 when the light is red it means that LFD (low-voltage-detection) is off, Green light means LFD is on, you dont need LFD on unless your running lipo's

But if if the light flashes Green or Red (depending if LFD is on or off) means its wanting Throttle trim
    So i would start there, and make sure your motor connections are plugged in right

If it still doesnt work you can try a different motor but i dont think that'll be the issue