RC Racer

Stampede MIP CVD Axles

Has anyone else installed these on their stampede/mj truck? I'm having an issue when I tighten the wheels on the rear the hub will slide up against the axle carrier and the wheels won't really spin. I didn't use the red threadlock on the screw to tighten the hub, I'm wondering when I tighten the wheel nut if it's loosening the hub screw or if I need to try something else.

The only downside to these axles is that there isn't a hub rod the hub can clip on to. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

RC Champion
    I just installed these on my pede a month ago. And i had the same problem at first. The hex has a raised surface on one side of it which acts as the fibre washer shim from stock. You need to place the hex so that this raised surface faces towards the bearings. Make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Racer
    That was exactly it! Tried that last night and it worked. For some reason it just seemed like the side the looked like it had a slot for the bearing should go up against a bearing. Thanks!

On a side note I did call MIP and their customer service was excellent! I didn't get the bearing spacers in my original package so they're sending them out to me free of charge.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy0319 View Post
    That was exactly it! Tried that last night and it worked. For some reason it just seemed like the side the looked like it had a slot for the bearing should go up against a bearing. Thanks!

On a side note I did call MIP and their customer service was excellent! I didn't get the bearing spacers in my original package so they're sending them out to me free of charge.
    I did exactly that too and put that groove shaped like the bearing up against the bearing and when i tightened it up it was too tight for the wheels to move.

RC Champion
    Glad you got it figured out though.