RC Enthusiast

Steering issues???? Please help????

Alright let's start from beginning I bought an XL-5 put rpm a arms traxxas caster blocks traxxas aluminum camber links and then I put velineon on it and hit a curb busted the servo saver bought a Robinson racing saver had to grind down rod ends for that to work then I had a wheel separate on me re glued that it still won't stir correctly can someone please put me in the right direction so it will stir right please

RC Qualifier
    If it's the stock 2075 servo, you probably chipped a tooth off of one of the internal gears so now it's inaccurate. We've broken every single 2075 servo here at least once. Good thing the replacement gear bag is so cheap.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    This may be a bit simple, but have you messed with the steering trim on your radio?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I have messed with trim and it helped but nothing dramatic as far as servo is it better to just go aftermarket

RC Enthusiast
    And actually it's a 2056 should I go to 2075

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Maybe get the gears, fix the servo (if it's broken), and keep it as a backup. Then shop around for a new one. Hobbico, Protec, and Savox seem to have good servos for the money. Check out the Hobbico CS-150 on Tower Hobbies good servo for the money. Protec is the A Main Hobbies brand, and they ship for free if the order is over $25.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah very good idea I will start shopping and fixing... I do have another concern regarding this on the pede vxl does it run a 2075 with a bellcrank and if that is the case can I do that because I like the bellcrank much more than a servo saver and if I can is there a parts I may need you guys have been great thank you for your help.

it could be that you tightned things up way to much somehwere. Like the two screws that attach to the servo saver. Loosen the saver from your servo, and see how smoothly your wheels are turning. Turn it back and forth, as if you are immitating the servo. if all is working well, its your servo. If not, loosen things up,and check your rod ends.

Fixing the Traxxas servo is cheap, and easy. 4 bucks. But I am always all about the metal gear servos. You can get one for the same price as a Traxxas one. Although slow in number, the Hi-tech. I have some 30 dollar Hi-tech Metal Geared servos that work great on our bashing pedes, and eliminate the weak link of a plastic geared servo.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    Do you know which hi tec is for stampede that would help me being I buy my stuff online

RC Enthusiast
    I'm in the same boat. My daughter has snapped two servo heads off the 2056 in a week. I'm tired if replacing gears. What model of metal geared servo should I go with for no more than $40.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    What exactly is the steering doing? Does it have dead spots? Or is the truck steering one direction so much that the trim can't compensate for it? When you changed the servo saver, before putting the new saver on, did you turn the tx on and center the steering trim then turn the truck on to center the servo horn before installing the saver?

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Competitor
    As far as inexpensive metal geared servos go i would look at hitec. You can get one of these for 32 bucks at tower hobbies.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Concrete does not digest well...

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    The Hitec hs-645mg servo is a decent servo for sure, but it is an analog servo so it does tend to buzz when the truck is sitting still which can heat the servo up and shorten its life. Ive used two of these servos and they both lasted over 6 months before giving out.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah baldy it seems like something's is off it just doesn't want to steer straight no matter what I do I've done everything from calipers on the steering rods making sure they're even I don't think I centered it 100% when putting new servo on I'm jot sure I pit on centered trim to zero then put saver on and centered wheels is that what you mean... I'm gonna go through it tonight basically start from scratch add a couple of fiber washers yesterday I noticed a little bit of play on one side not enough that it would be this off but can't hurt to try and clear up all loose ends right thanks for your info on hi tec servos