Thread: Tire choices?

RC Enthusiast

Tire choices?

So I took the xo-1 out for the first time. It was fairly cold, about 40*. I got absolutely no traction. Are there some good sticky tires out there you guys recommend ? Even treaded is fine as I'm not going to be doing the high speed pinion anytime soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    I don't Own a Xo-1 Super car But, i am just Putting some things out their.... What about Anacondas or some Foams or some Road Rages!?!?!?!?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i see sometimes those"30 series" tires that are treaded....i just dont know where to get the rims to go with it that are 17mm. or you can check out sweep wheels&tires for 1/8.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    I don't Own a Xo-1 Super car But, i am just Putting some things out their.... What about Anacondas or some Foams or some Road Rages!?!?!?!?
    Anacondas are horrible on my rustler.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i see sometimes those"30 series" tires that are treaded....i just dont know where to get the rims to go with it that are 17mm. or you can check out sweep wheels&tires for 1/8.
    I'll check them out but looks like sweep might be the way to go.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-07-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i dont own sweep tires but i saw one in person and it looks alot smaller and narrow than the xo-1, just to give you a heads up.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    you could always hold the car by the wing and do a burn out let tires warm up a little a get scuffed , or ive also heard people taking a hair dryer or heat gun to the tires to warm them up , i just always figured they will cool off by time you actually get out and put it on the road ,
    honestly though the car has so much torque that not many other tires choices will make a differnce compared to traxxas tires , you just have to warm them up just like any race car in the real world
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Enthusiast
    What I am using in the cold are the GRP 1/8 treaded super soft - hooks up really well. I also have a set of 45deg Sweeps but I haven't run them yet.