RC Qualifier
    Well picked up my slash platinum today along with a couple goodies. I picked up a set of rpm arms, rpm mudflaps, rpm rear bumper and some shock gaurds. Once I got the truck home I started tearing the truck down to dye the chassis black. While I had it torn down I installed the arms and tried fitting up the shock gaurds but was having issues with them.but got the chassis dyed and the truck back together. One thing I still want to do is de-annodie the blue casters and everything else. Heres a couple pics to start more to come soon. Thanks for looking.
    1.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Heres a couple more pics. Had some problems with uploading them to photo bucket last night. I decided to paint the stock rims as I'm not sure on the wheel/tire package I want to run yet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Came home to a present from the mailman
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-07-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: merge

Looks good! Congratulations on your new Slash! Keep posting pics! I know I love pics and lots of others do to. Do you have a certain paint scheme in mind?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    You have to do something with that sweet looking green that the a-arms are.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    I kinda want to make an attempt at a camo theme or maybe a web them. I do have a green that comes pretty close I have fluorescent green and with a white backing it comes pretty close as I've panted one of my MERV bodies with it. Just hoping my masking paper comes in for the weekend so I can get it painted since we are suppose to have some decent weather this weekend. Cause its rough sitting here with a new truck and not being able to run it yet. Lol.

Main plan for the truck is some bashing but looking into doing some racing at some point. And I was looking at some shock towers and was wondering how the aluminum towers hold up or would I be better off with the rpm towers?

RC Champion
    I would say to get rpm but I have never had either. I say this because the aluminum ones can get bent which will make them useless but with the plastic ones they have some flex in them. Don't take my word for it though.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    I think I'll just go with the rpm towers to begin with, kinda wanna keep the weight down too...So last night I trimmed some material away on the rpm shock gaurds as I found out the shock spring is to big of a diameter to fit properly on the shock gaurd. They also seemed to inhibit the shocks from doing there job properly. I'll get some pics up later camera and phone were both dead. lol

But tonight I'm gonna make the short trip to my lhs for some paint and few other parts or order them atleast...Planning on getting a revo slipper set up, rpm towers, and prob have to order some badlands while I'm there too...

I did drive the truck alittle last night just to break-in a battery and must say I'm pretty impressed with this little truck. From my experience with my slayer pro I was expecting to see some roll over, but there was none! Granted they weren't any full throttle turns but were enough to impress me. But def can't wait till this weekend when I get a chance to take it out and do some good bashing...Thanks for looking

RC Qualifier
    nice looking

RC Qualifier
    Well finally spent some more time on my slash. Been busy getting parts around for my STi. But got some new rims and tires, picked up. Set of proline split six and some badlands. Once I got the rims home I had to get rid of the red. Lol well I sandblasted the red off and sprayed down some white and than some green on top. Ended up looking pretty good.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for looking.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so it's been awhile since I've updated my build. But hopefully next week I will have most of my parts and can start putting her back together. I've made some orders last couple days and ended up picking up tekno cvd for front and rear, tekno big bone center shaft, snappy rc esc mount, kingheadz motor mount, CC 1415 2400kv, parma fifty five baja sc body, and also some sullivan dry ice lube for the shafts. I'm pretty sure that's all of it and now just the waiting game starts.....And prob gonna end up getting some tekno 17mm adapters as I'm looking to get a set of XO-1 wheels for some speed runs and on-road fun.....pics to come once everything shows up..

RC Champion
    lookin sick, how much I love lime green....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Lime green is my FAVORITE COLOR!!! Dude I love you Slash!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the comments guys! Yea its killing me seeing it just sitting there. Lol man next week can't come soon enough.
    Almost forgot I also finally picked up a rpm front bumper, shock towers, and body mounts.
    Anyone have any good suggestions for a steering servo? Haven't had any issues with the stock one yet but def am looking for one. Main purpose is bashing, but def want to try to get some track time in at some point.....

RC Champion
    I've heard that savox has good servos.

RC Qualifier
    So the first couple packages have shown up. Got my snappy esc mount sat and today my tekno center big bone, parma 55 baja sc body, and also had to get some more dry ice lube. Still waiting on a few more packages.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Well had a chance to get my slash out the other day and stripped my stock servo. So made a trip to my lhs and picked up a spektrum S8000 servo, and also had them order me a CC external bec. Had to make some minor modifications to make it fit as its alittle taller than stock. Heres a couple pics of the install and what I had to cut out to make it fit. I'll get more pics once its all back together. Thanks for looking!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Lookin good, now only if you could find an impreza body....

Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Well finally spent some more time on my slash. Been busy getting parts around for my STi. But got some new rims and tires, picked up. Set of proline split six and some badlands. Once I got the rims home I had to get rid of the red. Lol well I sandblasted the red off and sprayed down some white and than some green on top. Ended up looking pretty good.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for looking.
    I just picked up a set of Badlands tires! They are amazing off-road! I can wheelie on demand! Half throttle and floor it and the front end is up in the air! I also like the way you painted the beadlock rings. Its looking good, keep us posted!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Thanks El Sob! Yea I've been pretty suprised how well the paint on the beadlock rings has been holding up. Been running on a fair of amount of stoned gravel and hardly have any chips. Which surprised me cause I only used some left over body paint left over..And the badlands are amazing off road, but I've notice a decent amount of wear from the little I have been on road with them.....