RC Enthusiast

New to RC's and to the site

The story goes, I bought my son the traxxas 30th anniversary grave digger for christmas and my younger brother bought himself a slash, so I decided I better buy one of my own. I decided to go with the 4x4 stampede.

Last edited by lostsurferinbc; 03-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet truck youll love it as i do to..And youll love buying parts and fixing them often...Welcome to the club
    Stupid 50 character Limit!!!!!

RC Champion
    Nice! I love my stampede. It's quickly becoming my favorite truck, because it can take different forms so easily.

I have a slash ultimate 4x4 too. My time is pretty much split between them right now.

RC Racer
    I love all those bashed shots. Looks like it was a good day.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Qualifier
    Haha! Carnage!

Now thats what i call going for a bash with the rc's.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    lol, I didn't have it out of the box for 5 minutes at the first sk8 park when the shock caps blew off clearing a 20ft table top. The next day I replaced those with aluminium, went to a different sk8 park and broke the right rear axle carrier. So I went and replaced the rear carriers as well as the front casters and steering blocks as you can see in the picture. I haven't bought a lipo yet as I want to replace most of the breakables first.

Only replace what breaks dude or it will be spending cash for the sake of it......peace

RC Enthusiast
    Like this part lol

That spur gear looks brand new LOL........peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsurferinbc View Post
    Like this part lol

How the heck did you do that?? It's melted all the way around to the bottom! Did you get something stuck?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not really sure what caused it. At first I thought it might have melted the bearing adapter, but as you can see in the first pick it is fine. The bearings are good too. I cleaned and lithium greased them anyway. So maybe it was one of my hard landings at the sk8 park today that could have moved the motor causing the gear mesh to either tighten or loosen up. I decided to open up the rear diff as well because I'm curious to see how these things go together. First thing I noticed that I didn't like was the play in the gear coming off the driveshaft in the differential. The bearings is good, but slop in the diff bugs me. It seems sticky unless you spin it in a sweet spot? The front diff feels a lot smoother. Anyway ill open it back up again and grease it up good and see what happens when its all back together. I bought some new A arms, couldn't resist lol

RC Racer
    Nice! I did the same thing, first run out of the box at the skate park and nailed a pole trying to clear a table top, diff and bulkhead got smashed.

These things are addicting!! Love my p4de!

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't run a full battery through the thing yet. Maybe its time ease off the trigger finger?

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Always check the truck before a bash and make sure all is tight and well .....peace

RC Racer
    sweet pics. ive had my more stuff break at skate parks than anywhere else. +1 on what poos said about replacing what breaks rather than everything all at once. unless you have the cash to burn.
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Enthusiast
    Well about 8hrs or so she's back together. I took the rear diff apart and added 75k diff grease as well as adding new wheels and A-arms. Heading out to the lhs now to pick up a couple 2s lipo batts. I'm not really interested in speed as much as off roading and jumping, which is why im sticking with a 2s batt.

RC Enthusiast
    One more lol

That looks better dude hope you can bash with less down time bro...peace

RC Qualifier
    If your bashing that hard get a RPM or Tbone bumper. Helps with the front end impacts no end.

RC Enthusiast
    spent a 2 days at some bmx jumps and the sk8 board park and man what a difference after all the suspension upgrades, my pede took a serious pounding. I'm getting a lot better with throttle control and able to land on all 4 wheels 90% of the time which is saving me serious down time. I also picked up a onyx 2s 5700 which made it a lot more enjoyable to play around with. We recorded a bunch of footage on the GoPro, once my brother edits it I post it here.

Lookin forward to some footage dude how much more fun is it when you drive it like a champ....peace

RC Enthusiast
    small vid, watch in HD

http://youtu.be/_hWvg5gAWuk

why wont this site let my embed the video.
    Last edited by lostsurferinbc; 04-16-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Now thats what i call bashing dudeThat is a sick vid keep up the awesome work.......peace

RC Enthusiast
    the only issue after bashing it all day was one of the wheel nuts worked its way off at the end of the day, other then that it took massive jumps like a champ!

RC Competitor
    I decided to open up the rear diff as well because I'm curious to see how these things go together. First thing I noticed that I didn't like was the play in the gear coming off the driveshaft in the differential. The bearings is good, but slop in the diff bugs me. It seems sticky unless you spin it in a sweet spot? The front diff feels a lot smoother.
    correct me if i'm wrong.. but are you saying you feel some resistance when you spin the spur gear shaft coming out of the rear diff housing? i have a similar concern... after the first time i tore my truck apart and rebuilt it, i noticed that trying to spin the rear diff using the spur gear shaft i'd run in to one spot, maybe 1/16th of the 360 degree turn, where something felt like it was binding. i just recently tore my truck apart and carefully cleaned everything, replaced all bearings, and even took apart the diffs to replace fluid... all gears look good... put the rear diff back together, try to spin the spur gear shaft, and still have a little section that seems to bind. i guess its "normal"?
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Competitor
    small vid, watch in HD

http://youtu.be/_hWvg5gAWuk

why wont this site let my embed the video.
    Man..those are some huge jumps. No wonder my truck is all still intact. My bashing sessions at the skatepark is mild compared to yours. Even at half of your jump height, I hold my breath whenever my truck is landing. Nice vid dude.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saternal View Post
    Man..those are some huge jumps. No wonder my truck is all still intact. My bashing sessions at the skatepark is mild compared to yours. Even at half of your jump height, I hold my breath whenever my truck is landing. Nice vid dude.
    I basically had to upgrade all the suspension parts to be able to jump that high, landing on all 4 wheels will minimize damage as well. A totally stock stampede would brake first try as I quicky found out.

Yeah dude landing well always helps tons and good shocks is a must for big air......peace

RC Enthusiast
    small update:

TRX big bores
    TRX sway bars
    Some fans for the 3s lipo

RC Enthusiast

Proline powerstrokes installed.

pics suck I know, my cell phone cam is all scratched.

the other project:

Awesome digger dude one of the best ever MT's apart from bigfoot.......peace

RC Enthusiast
    Mip's installed, no more twisting axles off with the 3s

Awesome dude I hope they are good to you as they have been to me.....peace

RC Enthusiast
    I like them a lot, I bashed really hard the other day at the bmx track and now im down to breaking the front diff housing and chassis. I went through 2 drive shafts in one day and was like huh??? On closer inspection I spotted the busted chassis right in front of the receiver. To much flex causing the drive shaft to snap right in front on the front bulk head.

Dude look into rpm or tbone front bumper it will stop your diff housing and chassis from getting mashed.....peace

RC Enthusiast
    new vid!!!

sinse I destroyed my stampede we took the wheels from it and mounted them on my bros slash then added custom body mounts and some trimming on the body. This is the best bashing vid in this forum. The second best vid in this forum is my other vid shot at a skatepark in this thread. No one bashes as hard as we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNqDbuT-zs

Dude once again an awesome bashing vid.............peace