RC Competitor

Tekno rear hub settings??

I'm in the middle of installing Tekno M6 driveshafts on the front & rear of my VXL 4x4. I know that the factory settings for rear toe-in are 2.5 degrees on each side. There are multiple ways to set up the rear toe-in with these new Tekno rear hubs. I know most of you will probably say that everyone sets up their truck different according to their driving habits, if you are driving on or off-road & whether you are racing or just bashing in the backyard, local constructions site, etc.

That being said, I still wanted to get some feed back from those of you that are running Teknos on your Stampede. Using the 1.5 or .5 degree Tekno rear hubs & whether you have the "numbers facing forward or rearward", which of the 4 available toe-in settings are you running on your Tekno rear hubs? 1, 2, 3 or 4 degrees of toe-in?

RC Enthusiast
    I have the hubs set for 1 degree. I tuned mine originally driving on the street using Proline Street Fighters. I chose this option to minimize drag and reduce understeer from other changes I made. I found no need to change when I switch to the Trenchers for off-road use.

I'm suprised about how much adjustability is built into these trucks and being able to use the hubs to change toe adds one more. I found a site that explains suspension adjustments and their effect at http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

RC Racer
    Thanx for the link Trapper.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I have the hubs set for 1 degree.http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
    Thanks Trapper. The stock 2.5 degrees seems like a bit much IMO. As for my driving conditions, I forgot to mention that I mostly drive on an outdoor track that we built in a friend's backyard. The track is usually loose/loamy dry dirt except for the occasional times when we groom it. I guess I'll use 2 degrees as my starting point.

Anybody else? I know there's at least a handfull of users on this site that are running Teknos.

Slaughter33 what's yours set at?

RC Qualifier
    I'm running 2 degrees. Seems to work great, but I haven't played with any other settings.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    I'm running 2 degrees. Seems to work great, but I haven't played with any other settings.
    Thanks Slaughter33! Is there anything else that you can tell me about the Teknos? Anything that I should be aware of, other than the Tekno hexes being a little smaller than the stock ones? What did you do to solve the hex problem? I'm only running 2S lipo right now but will be getting a couple 3S packs within the next few weeks & I sure don't want to strip out my Desperados! If I have the time I'm going to hopefully finish installing them tonight when I get home from work, so any other tips or tricks from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated!

I know the majority of people on this site that have upgraded driveshafts on their Pedes went with MIPs as opposed to Teknos so I'm sure this thread isn't interesting to alot of you...but I just have 1 more question! I'm literally in the middle of installing the new Tekno driveshafts on the rear of my truck...& there are 2 different holes to choose from where the rear hinge pin goes through the A-arm & rear hub. It looks like the upper hole is equivalent to the stock setting. I'm just wondering if anyone chose the lower hole for their hinge pins? It looks like it would lower the rear of truck by approximately 5mm or about a 1/4".
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-08-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Well thanks again to Trapper & Slaughter33. Guess there's not as many people running Teknos on here as I thought there were. I ended up using the upper hinge pin hole on the rear hub. If I used the lower hole, I would have had to readjust the turnbuckle lengths, alter the roll center characteristics of the truck, etc. I'll save that for another day.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'm running tekno cvd with XO-1 rear carriers and it has 2 holes also...i use the bottom hole and it has the same affect as the stock one. i'm going to use the tekno carriers soon when i recieve my second set of tekno M6 cvd.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm running tekno cvd with XO-1 rear carriers and it has 2 holes also...i use the bottom hole and it has the same affect as the stock one. i'm going to use the tekno carriers soon when i recieve my second set of tekno M6 cvd.
    Are the XO-1 carriers an older version of Teknos?

So I did end up using the lower hinge pin holes after all, which as I mentioned before did the lower the truck some. I haven't drove the truck since this mod but I'm assuming that it'll handle better this way. And I was able to leave the rear turnbuckles in the stock position too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod View Post
    Are the XO-1 carriers an older version of Teknos?
    i dont know what you mean by older version of tekno but, if you use XO-1 rear carrier the tekno dont work because of the bearing sizes.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i dont know what you mean by older version of tekno but, if you use XO-1 rear carrier the tekno dont work because of the bearing sizes.
    Whoops, I was way off! I didn't realize you were actually talking about using the rear carriers from the XO-1, Traxxas road car. I didn't know they were compatible.

the tekno dogbone works with xo-1 axles (6mm) but you have to get the PL protrac arms to make up the 4mm extended length. tekno also make dogbone for protrac arms only if you keep it all tekno.